Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

10 weeks post ESWT

Posted by Lori S. on 12/07/04 at 22:42 (165331)

Hi, just letting everyone know how things are going. I am now 10 weeks post eswt and feeling wonderful. I have occasional twinges of pain, and when first getting up after sitting, but I consider my eswt a sucess, considering I could barely walk before, I feel really good. I am keeping up with stretching and still use heat. I thought for a time there I was going to be 33 years old and in a wheelchair the rest of my life. I hope things continue this way. I have had a couple bad days here and there. But I am a firm believer in eswt. I hope others who have had this done, read this, dont get discouraged, there were a few really bad weeks after eswt, but as of now, my feet are really good.
Better be on my way,
Lorinda

Re: 10 weeks post ESWT

Dorothy on 12/07/04 at 23:51 (165333)

Lori S - What great news! I'm so glad you posted this update and hope your good progress continues. Congratulations on this terrific outcome.

Lori S. on 12/09/04 at 21:41 (165421)

Thanks Dorothy. Its nice you are back. Considering I couldnt walk before, barely. I would say im 95% better than I was...So I am happy. I get to go shopping for Christmas. LOL, that sounds crazy, but its hard to be stuck at home all the time. I hope you continue to improve.
Merry Christmas and wishes for a wonderful New Year!
Lorinda

Jenny B. on 12/10/04 at 23:40 (165466)

Hi Lori,

I am 3 weeks out of ESWT. I have heel spurs and plantar faciatiis in both feet. I have been off of work for almost two year now. It took a good year and 9 months of fighting back and forthe to court to even get this procedure to be authorized by worker's comp.

I still have pain in my feet when i walk to the restroom. I realize that I am only 3 weeks out, but my hope is that i am just simlpy being impatient. Does it get better toward the 12th week like the doctors claim?

Im 31 years old and my life is on hold. I am just hoping for a light at the end of this very long tunnel.

Any advice I would appreciate. Thank you so much,
Jenny

Lori S. on 12/16/04 at 00:49 (165716)

Hi Jenny,

I am 11 weeks post eswt on both feet with the dornier epos machine, and I am feeling wonderful. The other day I was thinking, how did I live with that pain everyday, for so long. I have pf with heel spurs on both feet.

I was in little pain after eswt, until around the 5th week, then it was worse than before the procedure, but by 8 weeks I was feeling alot better. So just dont give up, it does work, I realize everyone is different, and I am not completely healed yet, but I have pain maybe one or two days a week, and very minimal, on a scale of 1 to 10, i would say a 2 or 3,, compared to 10 everyday, before I had this done.

Anyhow, I really need to get some sleep..... my email is (email removed) if you want get ahold of me......
best wishes,
Lorinda

Re: insurance will not pay

fran d. on 12/28/04 at 17:29 (166246)

Has anyone had a problem with their insurance company not paying for ESWT??

Dr. Z on 12/28/04 at 18:18 (166251)

Hi
This is something that we hear alot about. What is the name of your insurance company. Maybe I can guild you

Lori S. on 1/25/05 at 02:33 (167882)

My insurance has refused a second time now, but I am still in the process of fighting with them.