Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EMG test what is it?

Posted by Kim on 12/10/04 at 07:51 (165436)

Went back to md. on thurs. & he stated neurosensory test abnormal, so he is ordering a EMG test. Does anyone know what this is & what does it consist of.Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Re: EMG test what is it?

Pat on 12/10/04 at 12:52 (165448)

It's basically a nerve conduction test. I think they want to try and rule out different things related to your feet problems. I had two after my first PF surgery (10 years ago) because I was in so much pain and they couldn't find out what was wrong. The test itself was so painful I cried through it. Then two months ago I had another EMG - this time for a different problem (they were trying to test for neuropathy etc.) dealing with the way I walk and why I keep falling etc. This doctor was great. I can honestly say I didn't feel much at all. I couldn't even believe the test was over when it was. Now it might be because of a different doctor, different problem or whatever but you can do a search on EMG on the internet and some additional information will come up.

Re: EMG test what is it?

denise g on 12/11/04 at 04:46 (165471)

Kim,
I was wondering how you were doing, have you had any relief since the surgery. I read your previous posts and you were not doing well. I was wondering if additional physical therapy could at least loosen up the tightness that you are having, it sure helps me when I go. I too am suffering from scar tissue pain since my oct. surgery.
Denise