Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

1/2 through & not doing good

Posted by randall on 12/10/04 at 22:13 (165462)

Am six weeks + Ossatron treatment, and am, if anything, worse than before. Have been very diligent in following orders, but heel seemly is more sensitive than before. Sorry to be negative, but that's the report i have.

Re: 1/2 through & not doing good

Lori S. on 12/16/04 at 00:30 (165715)

Randall,

Around the 5 to 6 week period my feet got really bad. I had my eswt done with the dornier epos. Hang on, it does get better. I was warned that usually after the procedure it feels better, but this was just the calm before the storm. around 8 to 9 weeks my feet were doing way better, and now at 11 weeks they are great. Still some pain, but very little. Just hang on,,,,, it should get better....
Lorinda

Lynn F. on 12/16/04 at 12:00 (165739)

Lori - I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. Your post put some light at the end of tunnel (last few weeks were rough.) Yesterday was my first near painfree day in several weeks. But I'm doing PT now and it does seem to help. Mild exercise and foot massage (love that!) They did one ultra sound treatment for which I was REALLY sore afterwards ~ so I opted not to have any more for now. Keep up the great progress and thanks for providing me hope!

Randall - As Lori said, hang in there. Nothing to be sorry for ~ we've been there. I'm 11 weeks post ESWT (Dornier) it's a rough road. At first I was given weight bearing exercises (wall streches, etc) which made it worse so I stopped them immediately. Now I do the Yoga and PF stretches posted on this site which are extremely helpful. Moist heat helped too. Are you doing physical therapy? I've been going for 3 weeks now and it's proved quite helpful for me. Again, no weight bearing ~ just simple exercises (raising arches while keeping heel and toes on the ground; spreading toes and lowering them keeping heels on the ground (both easier said than done but get easier with practice) picking up marbles, rolling tennis ball, etc. Good luck and do keep coming back here ~ it will help get you through it, believe me.

randall on 12/17/04 at 22:12 (165822)

thanks for encouragement, ladies. i'm doing stretches, etc. but my doctor says no heat (even though it seems like it would feel good & also stimulate area). Any one else been restricted from putting heat on ?

Lynn F. on 12/18/04 at 00:27 (165825)

I was told to only use heat post treatment as it encourages inflammation which promotes healing. No ice for 6-8 weeks.

janster on 12/26/04 at 19:03 (166167)

I had mine done in the office on 11-12-04-I am now experiencing alot of pain-is this normal???

Lynn F. on 12/27/04 at 23:39 (166237)

Mine was done 10/1 and I had many weeks of severe pain afterwards. But at 12 weeks now I am definitely starting to notice a decrease in pain and with less frequency. I've been going to physical therapy for the last few weeks which has helped. I'm not out of the woods yet but feel I've reached a turning point. Hang in there!

janster on 1/16/05 at 15:11 (167355)

I seem to still have alot of pain if I am standing on my feet over 6 hrs-hope it gets better...

Lori S. on 1/25/05 at 02:31 (167881)

Janster,

I had severe pain after eswt as well, the first week was mild, then it got really bad. Just hang in there, it will pass, Around the three month period, my pain decreased significantly. I myself dont know how people go to work after this, I had both feet done, and more than an hour on them made me shake with pain, feel sick. I really babied my feet for the first 3 months, as little as I could do. It took 3 years to get bad, 3 months resting them wouldnt kill me. I hope you are finding some relief soon!

best wishes,
Lorinda