Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

one foot or both?

Posted by Misty T on 12/15/04 at 17:23 (165684)

If I have PF in one foot, will I also get it in the other foot?

Re: one foot or both?

Pat on 12/15/04 at 18:58 (165689)

Just because you have it in one foot doesn't mean you'll get it in the other foot. The problem is that you really have to work on getting the PF foot 'cured' because when your gait is off from walking a little strange (basically you don't put your weight down on your foot so you're uneven) you tend to put more pressure on the other foot and it could affect the other foot.

Re: one foot or both?

Victor on 12/17/04 at 15:58 (165812)

Hi:

I've been on this board for a while but this is my first post. This message board has given me a lot of good tips like SDOs, new balance shoes, stretching, etc. I can tell you this, I have had PF for three years now. I had it for two years on one foot only and because of overusing my other foot I got it on both. I had ESWT on both feet and it worked wonders on my right foot which is the one that was ok in the beginning. My right foot is pretty much cured but my left foot, the bad one is still keeping me from being able to stand up much more than walking so I can't get thru a grocerry line for example. Now even if my left foot starts hurting, if I have to continue walking or standing I don't shift weight to the right one because I don't want to go back to having both feet hurting again.

Be very careful. By the way the left foot is better now although not cured but I can now go to the gym and workout and play some pool.

Victor