Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had EPF but thinking about getting open full

Posted by Place on 12/20/04 at 11:41 (165880)

Has anyone had an EPF that failed but got a full releace and had sucess? Why would full work over they other? I know many get the EPF due to less invasive and least amount of scar tissue. Any thoughts?

Re: Had EPF but thinking about getting open full

Kathy on 12/21/04 at 09:18 (165916)

Hi There! Well I am having complete release on Dec. 30th so I can't answer anything yet. All I know is EPF didnt work for me... had it done in August and have gotten worse! =(
I am hoping it works!!! I will let ya know how it goes!

Place on 12/21/04 at 10:03 (165918)

Lets hope for a better new year for you! I would love to follow your posts, I would not get mine until June (I am a teacher). Maybe on the extream side but I was also thinking of getting the nerve cut! I have a friend of a friend get some type of releace but it did not work, then she got the nerve cut, and that was her cure.

Re: Kathy

Pat on 12/21/04 at 12:54 (165923)

Hi Kathy,
I guess I thought you were having the EPF done on the other foot - am I getting confused? It coudl be from staying in the house for so long since my surgery! LOL! Anyway, you mentioned you got EPF done in August and it was getting worse and I was just wondering what was going on. You can email me at (email removed) if you want. Sometimes I go back on the boards and can't remember where I posted something! Am I falling apart or what!

Re: Re Kathy Again

Pat on 12/21/04 at 12:56 (165924)

O.K. I went back and read some of your other posts and had you mixed up with another person. You're the one with the 3 kids and you had EPF in August. I swear I don't know how you do it. I live by myself and it's hard enough just dealing with the surgery postcare and being tired.

Diana on 12/24/04 at 08:33 (166075)

About 3 years ago I had epf and a full release. Same foot. The epf didn't work for me but the full release did. now I am having problems with my other foot Pulling no stops this time trying to calm it down with my history {thick fascia}. Trying to avoid another surgery. But if it comes down to it I would do the full release first.

Place on 12/27/04 at 08:19 (166178)

Thanks for your story! I am really concerned about getting another surgery when the first did not work. Thanks again!

una v on 12/30/04 at 20:55 (166324)

how long was your recovery time when yu had full release? i am a teacher and i do not want to be bed ridden. i am thinking of having mine done in the summer.
thanks, una

Diana on 12/31/04 at 07:38 (166330)

If the question is to me I was out of work for 12 weeks but it took a couple of months after that to feel 100% I had to have new orthotics made because of gait problems