Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Happy Festivus

Posted by john h on 12/24/04 at 15:37 (166086)

Happy Festivus everyone. Remember no tinsil allowed on your aluminum pole and Festivus is not over until you wrestle your opponent to the ground?

George Constanza's Father

Re: Happy Festivus

wendyn on 12/24/04 at 15:44 (166088)

John, Happy Festivus back to you.

I bet I could take you in the Feats of Strength.

Or Feets of Strength?

john h on 12/24/04 at 17:56 (166091)

'Feets of strength' I love it. Jerry,George,Kramer,and Elane would love it. Voted best comedy series ever. I still watch all the reruns. Festivus actually sounds like a Canadain holiday.

Dorothy on 12/24/04 at 18:22 (166092)

Happy Festivus, John and everyone! I think this is a hilarious holiday - Festivus for the Rest of Us. Maybe you all read this, too, but I just read an article last week about Festivus. It was not actually created for the Seinfeld show (also a favorite of mine and also watch all the re-runs, John, and still laugh at it, even though I've seen 'em a gazillion times - now THAT'S good television!) anyway.....it wasn't created for the show. One of the Seinfeld show writers, last name O'Keefe, grew up with Festivus which his father (I think his name was Dan O'Keefe) invented and the O'Keefe family celebrated every year. It had all the elements that we know from the show (aluminum pole, wrestling, airing of grievances) but also had a philosophical bent and had a theme every year related to some question or point to ponder. Still funny but also with thinking going on....

I think the Airing of Grievances is so funny - and something that lots of families do anyway, without the organized ritual aspect to it.

marie on 12/24/04 at 20:23 (166093)

COOL! Foot FIGHT! Happy Festivus!

Dr. Z on 12/24/04 at 20:54 (166094)

Speaking of Festivus. Has anyone missed Pauline? I know she was traveling. This maybe the longest time period that she has been away from heelspur.com. I sort of miss her. Anyway Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus Pauline

john h on 12/25/04 at 11:32 (166110)

Dr Z I have a 'puffy shirt' for you for Festivus. You should really look cool in it. May the spirtit of Festivus be with both you and Pauuline--where ever she is.

john h on 12/25/04 at 11:35 (166111)

When living in Cheyenne in 1966 we went to visit a friend in Denver. A single nurse in her 30's. She kept a Christmas tree hanging upside down from the ceiling in her living room fully decorated year around. I guess it was just the 60's as I really did not think much about it.

Kathy G on 12/27/04 at 10:43 (166189)

In 1963, my best friend's family got a huge silver Christmas tree with a light set up to it that had a disk that went around and shone blue, green, red, etc. light on the tree. They thought it was wonderful and I thought it was hideous. But of course, I must remember that my father had to be the inspiration for Clark Griswald. Each year, my mother would say that the tree was too big and he'd just say it was a little full! And we'd get covered with sap, especially when we cut the tree down ourselves! :)

john h on 12/27/04 at 11:05 (166191)

Those trees made a comeback this year Kathy.

Kathy G on 12/27/04 at 11:23 (166197)

What a shame!:)