Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoe Store in Boston?

Posted by Michelle M on 12/26/04 at 23:34 (166176)

I have one other question...

I had a great orthopaedic shoe store in CA, but since my move, I am now at a loss in Boston MA. Does anyone know of a good store in MA to try?

Thanks for all your advice,

Michelle M

Re: Shoe Store in Boston?

Linda V on 12/29/04 at 07:19 (166267)

Michelle,
Welcome to New England..Brrrr...are you actually IN the city, or suburb? I know the areas slightly north of Boston pretty well and will try to help.
Linda

Michelle M on 12/29/04 at 15:32 (166276)

Hi Linda,

Yes, I am actually in Boston proper, somewhat near the Boston Commons.
But since Boston is so small, I am sure that I could zip out to the suburbs if you know of good stores north of the city.

Thanks for looking for me. I really appreciate it!

-- Michelle M

Linda V on 1/02/05 at 10:18 (166404)

Michelle,
You think Boston is SMALL? I HATE going into Boston because of the nasty traffic. I was born in Southie, but now in NH. Anyway, I think your best bet is to look in the yellow pages. There seems to be a real good store in Malden (Solups) and also a few more in the city. I don't have a personal recommendation for orthopedic shoes. I have custom orthotics made by a C-ped (old time cobbler shop) about 20 minutes north of Boston...and I used them in my New Balance sneakers. Good luck..sorry I couldn't help more.

Michelle M on 1/07/05 at 15:55 (166659)

Hi Linda,

I'll try the yellow pages. I too am looking for something to put my orthodics in, but since most shoes don't fit my orthodics, I found that a good shoes store (like one that carries Dansko and the like ) has been the best for me and I was trying to find one like that.

Thanks for your help.
-- Michelle