Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fascitis, swollen heel bursae, tight achilles tendon, and swollen ankle. :-) Help!

Posted by Angie P. on 1/01/05 at 16:51 (166369)

Hi!
Monday, the 27th, I just got my foot out of a cast. I have plantar's fasciitis and a swollen bursae on my heel. Well, the foot was very stiff the first two days out of the cast, and I began to get that 'old' familiar hurt again. Now, the foot hurts constantly, especially, at night. Feels like the entire foot is broken when I put weight on it. My question(s) are:

Can plantar fascitis cause your achilles tendon to rupture? (I'm having tightness and pain there, thought this was just due to being in a cast for 8 wks., but when I squeeze my calf muscle, I feel pain at the base of my heel where it connects to the achilles tendon.

Also, this summer, I tried to run through this injury, therefore I didn't realize it, but now I do, I was running on the side of my foot. My ankle is very tender and swollen on the outer side even after being casted for 8 wks. What could be the problem, or does the inflammed plantar fascia cause minor things to become bigger?

My next question is should I go ahead and wait the 4 wks. to see my ortho.(which is when he wanted me to come back) or should I call him now and let him know that my symptoms are back with vengence? (I don't want to seem like a 'Whiner') I am so wanting to resolve the pain issue and get on with it, whether it be having the surgery or not.
Need some answers from Dr.s and/or people who have experienced these issues.
Thanks! Happy New Year to everyone!
Angie