Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pda

Posted by JudyS on 1/03/05 at 23:50 (166466)

Hel lo Everyone! I'm coming to you from my new electronic toy.It's a wireless- capable Compaq iPAQ pda. And I'm lying on the sofa with a major cold so I've plenty of time to play with the new toy!

Re: pda

Necee on 1/04/05 at 00:40 (166467)

Hope you enjoy that new toy Judy, at least you'll have something to do while you recoup from that nasty cold.
Take care of yourself, and hope you're feeling better soon.

Happy trails...

Necee

JudyS on 1/04/05 at 09:55 (166476)

Thanks Necee - this one's been a real corker! But this morning I think I'll be in that phase where I can do a task, lay down, do a task, lay down.... I know that you know what I mean!

How's the house?

JudyS on 1/04/05 at 10:00 (166477)

Thanks Necee - this one's been a real corker! But this morning I think I'll be in that phase where I can do a task, lay down, do a task, lay down.... I know that you know what I mean!

How's the house? Do I recall correctly that it wasn't ready for Christmas?

Suzanne D. on 1/04/05 at 22:00 (166515)

I hope you feel better soon, Judy!

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 1/05/05 at 08:55 (166540)

Judy,

Sorry to hear about your cold but glad you're enjoying the pda. My husband bought me a photo quality scanner and printer for Christmas and I've been itching to get them installed but I've had problems since I tried to install my Norton's. I want my computer in proper condition before I install them because it's such a hassle to have to keep re-installing hardware once it's in. I think I have my computer back to normal, sans Norton, but it really irritates me that Norton 2005 isn't compatible with AOL 9.0.

It's because AOL now incoporates McAfee in its program and the Norton and McAfee aren't compatible. I'm currently running just the McAfee but I still would rather use my Norton. I know - everyone says just lose the AOL but as much as I like it, my husband loves it and he really doesn't want to go with another ISP.

We're due for a snowstorm so hopefully I can get everything in working order and start scanning away in the next day or two.

Hope the hacking and sneezing ends soon!

JudyS on 1/05/05 at 12:27 (166563)

Hi Kathy G.....well, I'm on day 3 of 'life on the sofa'. Thank goodness for my laptop and my wireless network.....and my PF buddies! Although I do feel a bit guilty that it has taken 'life on the sofa' to get me to spend some quality time at HS.com again.

Yep, this particular cold has been a tough one but I'm sure I've turned the corner on it. Isn't it interesting how common it is for many of us women to 'wait' till all the demands of the holiday season are behind us to let the viruses finally get the better of us? No time for illness during the holidays!

About your Norton/McAfee - even before I read your note that AOL has McAfee with it, I remembered reading that AOL was doing that now as part of their most recent upgrade. But no worries for you - McAfee is just as effective as Norton. Aren't new electronic toys fun? 'Life on the sofa' has me watching the telly also and I just saw a segment on the Today show from the electronics show in 'vegas. Lots of new technical gadgets to look forward to!