Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Julie

Posted by Dorothy on 1/04/05 at 12:04 (166489)

From across the Atlantic and across the internet, we are with you in spirit today and hoping for good results for you!

Re: To Julie

marie on 1/04/05 at 17:11 (166498)

ditto!

Cyndi on 1/04/05 at 18:46 (166502)

I also am sending my best wishes Julie, along with Dorothy and Marie!
I hope your pain ends soon.

Also, to Geri,

Do you know why it is so many folks with TTS and myself, with Cryosurgery, have nerve problems?

Suzanne D. on 1/04/05 at 22:01 (166516)

Yes, we are, Julie!

With best wishes,
Suzanne :)

Re: From Julie - report

Julie on 1/05/05 at 02:47 (166530)

Thank you all. We had a good visit with the neurosurgeon yesterday morning. He was straightforward, informative, focused and confidence-inspiring. He is not as sure as the radiologist who read my scans that the 'blob' in the pictures is a neurofibroma, and thinks it is more likely to be a broken-off piece of disc. Either way, it has to be investigated and dealt with, and he has scheduled surgery (subject to the confirmation of his secretary who makes all his arrangements) on Thursday 20 January. I was expecting this to be the next step and am ready for it. The disc possibility is good news: if it is that, it will be easier to fix. The other scenario can be dealt with, though with more difficulty, and there will be nerve damage and neurological problems to cope with forever after. So I hope it's not that. I'm not scared about the surgery, I know it's necessary and I know now that I can cope with the pain. I just have to trust and pray that it leaves me better than I am now. I know I have your good thoughts and prayers - so thank you all.

Kathy G on 1/05/05 at 08:30 (166537)

Julie,

I'm so glad that you liked the doctor and have confidence in him. It makes such a difference. I also like his take on the 'blob' and hope he's right as it would be much less complicated surgery. Either way, there's no doubt in my mind that you will come through it with your usual strength and marvelous attitude.

It's such a relief that you don't have to wait for a long time to have it done. It's one of those things that you just want to get done so you can get on with your life. As you have said, the pain won't be a whole lost worse than what you're already experiencing and once the healing takes place, hopefully your discomfort will lessen greatly. I have no doubt that you are an excellent candidate for such surgery, given your healthy lifestyle.

It's good news and thank you for letting us know. I get confused about the difference in time but I was thinking of you all day yesterday!

Dorothy on 1/05/05 at 10:45 (166551)

Kathy G has already spoken perfectly in response so I will just add 'hear! hear! and ditto!'

Re: Kathy and Dorothy and Judy (on the post-Christmas thread)

Julie on 1/05/05 at 17:08 (166577)

Thanks to both of you. Yes, I think I am a good candidate for surgery - my more or less healthy though old body and my attitude were in my favour when I had breast cancer and will be now. All the years of yoga training have given me the resources that I need to get through 'the stuff that happens', and I know I can trust in that. It has been very affirming to know that all I've learned, through yoga and also from the cancer experience, is there for me: it has been helping me enormously these last several weeks, and will I am sure continue to do so through the next and whatever's to come. Actually, it was after that first year of the journey through cancer that I knew that I would be passing on what I'd learned to others who were going through their challenges. What I couldn't be sure of at the time was that my experience and knowledge would be relevant for those who had had no yoga experience - that it would 'work' for people new to yoga. But it has worked, for many, in my teaching and through my books, and that has been a huge reward for me. I am grateful for all I have been given - and grateful to you all for your support. Thank you!