Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Inexpensive Orthodic Recommendation

Posted by EleanorH on 1/06/05 at 13:27 (166604)

I visit this site everyday -- have tried everything to find some comfort and ease of pain. Ben Lee posted the link below on the ESWT message board so I figured I'd give the Two-Ounce Miracle a try. I found mine at the local CVS store. They cost $9 and are worth ten times that much! I've put them on top of my custom made orthodics because my custom made ones are so rigid. What a difference! I had ESWT 2 1/2 months ago and was ready to call it quits but since I started wearing the two-ounce miracles, I'm finally getting some relief to my pain.
http://www.profootcare.com/products/miracle.shtml

Re: Inexpensive Orthodic Recommendation

Pat on 1/06/05 at 14:44 (166607)

I'll have to look into that - I also have rigid orthodics and will need to get new ones since I just had EPF on 11/3 and will need orthodics. My old ones were so hard and just uncomfortable. The problem is it's hard to find a shoe that will accomodate the orthodic and anything else. What exactly is the Two Ounce Miracle and what type of shoes can you fit all this stuff in? LOL!

EleanorH on 1/07/05 at 07:59 (166629)

Pat -- shoes are definitely a problem. I've been wearing New Balance 608's for a while. With those, there's no problem. Also -- the Lands End moc's work (I found those at Sears) if you take their insole out. The Two Ounce Miracle is pretty thin -- it's made of memory foam so it squishes down when you put on your shoe. My rigid orthodics are very uncomfortable too but the combination seems to be working. I think fashionable shoes are out for us for a while huh?

BenLee on 1/07/05 at 13:41 (166648)

These are by far the best inserts you can get IMO. I recommend you get a shoe where you can take the insole out. Then, I would place a Dr Scholl's or a generic brand air cushion in. Then, slip the Mircal 2 oz insert into your shoe. They should fit niceley. You might have to get a shoe size a little bigger than you are accustomed to if you use an air cushion insert but it's definitely worth it for the extra cusioning. It's like you are always walking on a carpet. I'm sure we all get that feeling of relief when we step off the hard floor onto the carpet with our bad feet.

Re: Inexpensive Orthodic Recommendation - EleanorH

Pat on 1/07/05 at 19:21 (166672)

Hi, I actually found the Two Ounce Miracle Today at Super Walmart - it was $4.96. Haven't had time to try it but I'll let you know how I find them. I figure for $5 what do I have to lose. Fashionable shoes are out for me FOREVER! LOL! I actually have other things going on with my balance and neurological stuff and all so it would be hard to even try to go back to my old shoes. But I have this wonderful pair of shoes with a 3 inch heel that I use to wear when I went out years ago and every now and then I take them out of the box and think 'Well, at least I was hot at one time!' LOL!