Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Sofa Girl

Posted by JudyS on 1/07/05 at 12:17 (166644)

Hark! There's progress! Moved off the sofa to go for a walk and even packed up Christmas stuff!

Back on sofa. Over-did just a tad!

Today's sofa project: Insert state quarters (been saving them for a few years now) in to lovely display folder son gave me for X-mas.

Are you guys as tired of my virus as I am? :)

Re: Walking Girl

Carole C in NOLA on 1/07/05 at 13:04 (166645)

Hi, 'Sofa Girl'! Guess we should call you 'Walking Girl' now, Judy.

Sounds like a beautiful American Indian name. :)

I might have your virus; just got one last night. It started with a scratchy, sore throat, which is now very sore, and includes flu-like bodily aches and pains and fever, as well as face and eyes feeling swollen (probably due to sinuses).

I took off from work after 4 hours to come home and be Sofa Girl #2 for the weekend. Bought 4 boxes of Kleenex and 2 packages of lozenges on the way home. Don't need the former yet, but it's always good to be prepared.

Carole C

Re: The Sofa Girl

Dorothy on 1/07/05 at 16:33 (166666)

No, not yet - but I can imagine that you ARE tired of it! I'm actually enjoying your 'journal' of 'What I Did During My 2005 Cold Episode' - but I do hope you get well soon, in spite of that.

Re: The Sofa Girl

Kathy G on 1/07/05 at 19:04 (166670)

How long is this, Judy? Don't be like my sister and let it go too long without seeing a doctor. I told her about three weeks ago that I thought she sounded like she had bronchitis. I get it, at the drop of a hat, and so do my two children. Now this part amazes me. She called her doctor and they called in an antibiotic for her without even seeing her! Also an RX for a cough syrup.

I spoke to her yesterday and she still sounds awful and she said she'd called them and they had given her another cough syrup. The mother in me, and mind you, this is my sister who's seven years older than me, just couldn't control herself and I gave her a speech about calling and insisting on being seen.

She just called to say that she has 'residual' bronchitis and a sinus infection and they gave her an inhaler and another antibiotic. They also said if she didn't improve, they'd do a lung xray. I know she had breast cancer five years ago and maybe that plays into it, but I would have thought they'd do an xray today, just to rule out pneumonia. She has to have the world's worst HMO.

I'm glad you're playing with your quarters and you got those decorations put away and I hope you continue to feel better!