Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

after surgery

Posted by KATHY H. on 1/07/05 at 18:54 (166669)

DR. IT'S BEEN 7 WEEKS SINCE FASCIOTOMY ON RIGHT FOOT,AND 1 WEEK SINCE SURGERY ON LEFT FOOT. WHEN SHOULD I START NOTICING AN IMPROVEMENT IN THE PAIN,SINCE BEFORE MY SURGERY.IS IT STILL GOING TO HURT FOR A WHILE? DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO HELP IT HEAL FASTER? MY DOCTOR TELLS ME JUST NOT TO GET ON THEM VERY MUCH AND TAKE IT EASY. I'M SCHEDULED TO GO BACK TO FACTORY WORK ON FEB.28.THINK I'LL MAKE IT? IT'S ALSO HARD TO FIND A SHOE THAT FITS GOOD AND IS COMFORTABLE WITH MY ARCH SUPPORTS. I ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE LINING IN MY SHOES IN ORDER FOR MY FOOT AND ARCH SUPPORTS TO FIT I'VE ALWAYS WORN NEW BALANCE SHOES.ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A GOOD SHOE FOR A FACTORY WORKING GIRL.

Re: after surgery

Kay on 1/08/05 at 22:08 (166753)

No way will you be back to work by the end of February on your feet in a factory. I had the endoscopic surgery and was off for three month, that was just one foot and gave up and went back without any improvement at all. Seven years and many different treatments later I went in for a second open surgery along with Tarsel tunnel surgery. That was two and a half years ago and never was able to go back. The improvement in the foot I had the surgeries on is so little that I wouldn't even notice it if it weren't for me having the other foot to compare it to on days like this one where it is hurting very badly.
I wished I had better news for you. I guess I would just say don't rush it, maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Pilar L on 1/10/05 at 16:11 (166859)

Try to be off your feet completely for around 6 months, then take it easy. At first you may notice more pain than you had before surgery before you notice any improvement. It is important not to walk until you are free of pain.

Pilar

KATHY H. on 1/26/05 at 22:26 (168019)

There is no way i can be off my feet. I'm a single mom of an autistic child.i have to take care of her.And a house to keep clean. I really don't do much.But i do need to work i'm running out of money.Parents and friends don't hae any to loan.I am getting food stamps,my daughters ssi and some child support.next month i hae to start making car payments again, they did work with me for two months. its been 3 1/2 weeks since my left foot fasciotomy and 9 1/2 for my right foot fasciotomy.I still have alot of pain yet. i'm supposed to go back to work feb 28, factory work,but maybe the doc will give me an extension, he did suggest a change of job some where else.only thing with my company it's up to corporate office whether they want to grant an extension if not then your fired. oh,brother. i guess i'm hoping for some one to give me so hope everything will be ok.