Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Adieu..........

Posted by The Sofa Girl on 1/07/05 at 20:19 (166676)

Well, I think I can officially bid my resident virus adieu. I only had to go to the Sofa once today - Hurray! After two boxes of tissue, a ton of cold meds, a ton of toast, a ton of soup, a ton of soap operas, a ton of kitty-hugs, a ton of coughing, a ton of whining.......the Virus of 2005 seems to have moved on to........New Orleans!

Sorry Carole! May I recommend all of the above plus a little groveling for TLC at HS.com?

Thank you my friends for taking such good care of The Sofa Girl...:)

I now pass the baton on to Sofa Girl #2.....

Re: Adieu..........

Carole C in NOLA on 1/07/05 at 20:42 (166677)

That is wonderful that you are better, but I must admit that I hate being the new Sofa Girl! lol

Earlier this evening I was cold, so I tried getting in bed with all my clothes on and heavy socks, and pulled two comforters up to my chin... after a few minutes I was STILL freezing and that's when I found out it was 74 in here (72 outside at the time). So, I turned up the heat to 76, grabbed my warmest comforter and did some time as Sofa Girl.

Guess I've got the chills. Duh! LOL

My throat is unreasonably sore, unless I'm sucking on a lozenge. But really the worst part is the aching all over, isn't it? My joints really hurt when I try to do anything. Back to being Sofa Girl!

Grovel, grovel.... :) I have 5 boxes of tissue, 2 packs of lozenges, lots of soup and TV (no kitty 'cause I am not ready for one, no toast 'cause toast makes me fat). But coughing and whining I do SO well. Pouting, too. I warned Frank about that by e-mail earlier today since he'll be in town this weekend. I think I'll just sleep this weekend and tell him to go clean his gutters or something. LOL

Carole C (a.k.a. Sofa Girl #2)

wendyn on 1/07/05 at 21:01 (166678)

Oh - I have missed the sofa girl threads!!! I have also been fighting Virus 2005. Yuck.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/07/05 at 21:17 (166680)

Wendy,

I'm so sorry to hear that! What's your version of it like? Lots of sympathy and TLC here (not to mention tissues and lozenges...

I just read a list of flu symptoms and it sounds like this, except flu was even worse (as I remember it). This is bad enough!

Carole C (Sofa Girl #2)

Re: P.S.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/07/05 at 21:19 (166681)

Did you notice that Judy got it first? Isn't that just like an avant garde Californian.... (grin)

Just joking!

Carole C

wendyn on 1/07/05 at 21:43 (166684)

Carole, I'm not sure what I have...

Went to the gym Sunday morning, did 25 min on the elliptical trainer and felt like a million bucks. Lots of energy. Between the gym and the change room I started to get a headache. 30 minutes later I had a full blown migraine and nausea. Spend all Sunday in bed.

Monday was more nausea and headache. Tuesday sore throat. Wednesday night I got a stuffy nose and a cough. The last two nights I've been up hacking most of the night. I have very mild asthma that only flares up about every 3 years when I get a virus like this. I sound a lot like a lawn mower that won't start. If I could get any sleep at all I would probably feel a lot better.

On top of that, I was taking tylenol for the headaches. When I take tylenol, I don't feel as much pain in my feet. As a result, I walk faster and then end up suffering once the tylenol wears off!!!

Fortunately, I did not get the aches and chills - but we had 3 people at work today with that. I hope you feel better soon!!!!!! Get some good Johnny Depp movies to keep you company. :)

Re: ps Carole

wendyn on 1/07/05 at 21:44 (166685)

p.s. I first read your post as 'toast makes me fart' and I thought 'my, aren't we getting comfortable with each other?!'

You crack me up.

The Sofa Girl on 1/07/05 at 23:39 (166686)

Wendy Girl,

I officially dub thee Sofa Girl #3!

The Sofa Girl on 1/07/05 at 23:45 (166687)

Oh no Carole - it really does sound like the real flu thing what with chills and aches and pains.
You know the drill - rest, fluids, tylenol, old movies, comfy sofa..

So....toast is fattening? But..but...it's such major comfort food when nothing else seems quite right! Especially when it's sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon - which is what my mother did for us when we were sick. Come to think of it, she also tucked us up nice and comfy on the sofa when we were sick. Wow - no wonder I keep seeing her when I look in the mirror! :)

Re: ps Carole

Carole C in NOLA on 1/08/05 at 00:18 (166688)

ROFL!!! Well I suppose it might do that too, if I ate it! I was just thinking yesterday that I should put my toaster away, rather than wasting countertop space on it, since I seldom choose to eat it any more.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 1/08/05 at 00:19 (166689)

Wendy, that sounds awful! I am so glad that at least I don't have a severe headache. At least not YET...

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 1/08/05 at 00:21 (166690)

It could be the flu. But then, I really don't want to go sit in a doctor's office and trade germs with strangers for a couple of hours, in order to find out.

I might have to do that if I stay out sick more than three days in a row.

Carole C

marie on 1/08/05 at 12:59 (166709)

Glad to here some of the sofa girls are feeling better. I have been very lucky this year and have not been sick once. Of course I probably just cursed myself. Last school year I was sick non stop. I barely remember that Christmas. Hopefully all of the sofa girls will build up their immunities and enjoy some time on the recliner!

best wishes marie

Carole C in NOLA on 1/08/05 at 20:12 (166720)

LOL! I read 'I have been very lucky this year and have not been sick once.', and thought 'gee... in a whole 8 days?' (giggle)

Then I realized you didn't mean just in 2005!! oops

I've done pretty well since this time last year, but Virus 2005 made up for it! I do feel a lot better this evening and hope this is the end of it.

Thanks, marie :)

Carole C

Kathy G on 1/09/05 at 09:56 (166775)

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Judy. Now, Sofa Girl 2, may you recover quicker! They keep saying, around here anyway, that this isn't the flu that people are getting but I have to wonder. My friend, who's a teacher, got a flu shot as they got vaccine for all the teachers. The teachers in front of her and behind of her in line got the flu, as did she. The doctors said it's the flu, just not the flu for which they received shots. Hers progressed into pneumonia so she's out of school for another week.

Wendy, migraines with nausea are just awful. I get kind of sick to my stomach but nothing my mother who used to get violently ill. She said that a migraine felt like labor pains in the head! Hope that your asthma calms down.

In the meantime, we'll supply you all with our version of tea and sympathy!