Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help with sand volleyball

Posted by Leigh H on 1/10/05 at 18:09 (166865)

Is there a product on the market that I could wear while playing sand volleyball with PF? I wear Birks in the summer and my orthodics in my shoes in the cold months, but don't really know what to do for the sand volleyball.

I've looked in volleyball magazines, and all I can come up with is a sand sock, which doesn't really look like much support.

Any ideas? Or should I just be happy that I can still play sand ball with moderate pain?

Re: Help with sand volleyball

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/11/05 at 08:16 (166880)

Taping your foot could help alot

Re: Help with sand volleyball

Ralph on 1/13/05 at 08:28 (167026)

Don't know if this would provide any help for you or not, but last evening I was looking through a FootSmart catalog that comes to my place because I ordered a product from them once. In it they sell elastic type ankle supports. From the pictures shown, the product also goes under the arch as well as around the ankle, but it's meant as an ankle support I guess.

I don't know how much arch support it would supply for you, but maybe you could wear this type of thing under that sand sock you mentioned.

I'm not a doctor so I have no idea if this is a good or bad idea for you, but FootSmart does have an online site. It's http://www.footsmart.com if you want to look through their catalog on line. I do not work for them, I just ordered one item and continue to be on their mailing list. You may want to check with your doctor before trying this type of thing because you sure wouldn't want to sprain or injure your ankle while trying to get support for your arch. I have no idea how restrictive ankle supports can be or if they could injure you playing sand volleyball.