Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EPF Update - 10 weeks

Posted by Pat on 1/10/05 at 18:39 (166873)

Well, my vacation is over. I started back at work today! I had been home for the past 2-1/2 months (part of the time I was working at home)and really enjoyed it. When the alarm clock went off this morning I thought 'What the heck is that'! LOL!

I'm doing better - at least I was able to run some errands on Friday and walk around Walmart and get to my car and home and not cry so I figure that's a plus. Usually when I do something like that I take it easy for the next few days and that seems to help. Unfortunately, I had my driving foot done and the part of your heel (all the way at the back) that rests on the floor of the car when you're driving hurts like hell. It hurts more when I'm driving but it hurts sometimes when I'm walking. It's not excruiating at those times but I am tired of it. And my other foot is starting to hurt because of the way I walk. My 85 year old mother in Florida could beat me in a race! LOL! I massage my feet every night before I get into bed and this seems to help and I do stretch out my calves and flex my foot and do those toe up stretches. Probably not as often as I should. I went to the doctor last week and he said he'll see me once a month until I say my foot is all healed so that's a plus since I'm not paying any extra for that. The color has finally come back in my foot (it was this pink purplish color for two months)and I would say about 90% of the swelling has gone away. I am not sure though if Physical Therapy woud help the pain and maybe I should ask for that the next time. He did say that before long we'll have to put orthodics in my shoes (the old ones are probably a waste since my foot changed from the surgery but they are covered by my insurance) for support. Right now I can't fit an orthodic in the shoe with the surgery and if I just put it in the other shoe I'd be lopsided. Right by my incision though it feels hard even though I do massage it. I'm not sure if it's scar tissue or what. The pain I have is different than the PF pain and I know it's only 10 weeks but I just want to have one pain free day. I'm also losing weight - my choice. After this (and I know thin people get this but it can't help with all this added weight on my feet) I just decided that I would be nicer to my feet and not give them so much to carry around. Any insight on anything you think I could do to improve my recovery etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Re: EPF Update - 10 weeks

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/11/05 at 08:15 (166879)

Hi
A boot cast to be used when you are on your feet alot