Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eBay

Posted by JudyS on 1/13/05 at 10:49 (167042)

I'm thinking about listing several items for sale on eBay and I'm wondering if any of you have used eBay regularly to sell things - and if you have any advice for me.

Also, what kind of scale should I buy for weighing my sale items?

Re: eBay

JudyS on 1/13/05 at 13:03 (167048)

Well I decided to research shipping scales on line - specifically one that eBay has several of for sale. It seemed OK to me so I bid on one in the last possible minute of its auction - and lost it. So I bid on another one an hour later, again waited till the last possible minute, entered an automatic bid amount in case some other bidder had done the same....and won it! Hurray! I always feel so victorious when I win something on eBay! Including shipping I paid about 45-50% of its retail value listed at the manufacturer's website.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/13/05 at 13:27 (167050)

Sounds like fun! I've never bought anything from ebay, but there is so much available there. I love to go and look.

Best of luck in your ebay endeavors... :)

CaroleC

John H on 1/13/05 at 13:58 (167052)

Set up a Pay Pal account and use it exclusively to buy and sell and you will never get burned. PayPal is the payment of choice on eBay and many will only accept PayPal as payment. Actually you can use PayPal in many transactions beyond eBay.

Also include a picutre of your self and that will help.

JudyS on 1/13/05 at 14:09 (167054)

Yes, I've had a PayPal account for a couple of years now - it's very convenient! Thank you for the info......and the compliment - or did my ego just assume it was a compliment? :)

Kathy in Ky on 1/13/05 at 16:56 (167068)

We've sold a few collectibles on ebay over the years. The ebay community is pretty much like the world, most people are easy to get along with & treat you ok, but there are those few that aren't so nice. If you have never listed anything, I would recommend doing searches for your type of items & notice how the good selling items were described. I don't know what you would be selling but whatever it is, give complete descriptions, sizes, colors, etc. Especially any flaws, it will save you a lot of problems. Also pack your items carefully, expect the package to be handled a lot at the shipper. Overall, it is a lot of work but rewarding most of the time. Of course I love getting bargains on ebay, I'm watching right now for a pair of brown Birkenstock Annapolis in my size. I've bought everything from maternity clothes for a co-worker to postcards of my hometown. Good luck!

Richard, C.Ped on 1/14/05 at 15:18 (167148)

I have some discontinued shoes I was trying to get rid of. I sold one pair out of ten or so..haha. They do charge you to list things.