Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Dorothy on 1/14/05 at 00:01 (167101)

Suzanne ~

I'm getting way behind here lately. We had some family birthdays and that involved making some Big Productions. These birthdays that fall so soon after Christmas are ones that I keep suggesting we move to summertime, but the Birthday People aren't so keen on that suggestion.
Anyway, I've been wanting to say a couple of things to you - but you are getting some early rest so you might not see this for a while. I do hope you and your daughter are not very sick (or sick at all, even better!). From reading the posts of Judy S., Carole, Wendy, this flu/cold 'stuff' sounds potent. I hope you successfully avoid it. Mostly, I wanted to respond to your post about communication - Julie already said pretty much what is the truth about it - so I can only say 'amen' to that and add my two cents worth. I think you have a marvelous way of getting to the heart of the matter in the most insightful, gentle, manner. You 'speak' with such wisdom and kindness and have a way of seeming to speak very directly to each person you are writing (here)to. You seem to have a tender heart and speak in a way that seems very true and very - nice. It's a quality that is too rare, being nice, and you seem to have it and you share it with us. I think you communicate beautifully. You're a wonderful storyteller - the stories that you tell us about your students, for example...these are terrific examples of how you communicate and they are by turns entertaining, inspirational, funny, touching - and they are YOUR communications. I won't go on and on (although I CAN!) - see Julie's post on this subject and now hear this: I agree!

Re: Suzanne

Julie on 1/14/05 at 03:53 (167108)

Wisdom, kindness, insight, gentleness: yes, Dorothy, these words describe Suzanne's communications - and Suzanne. What fortunate first-graders we all are!

Oops. I forgot entertaining, inspirational, funny and touching. So they are. So she is.

Carole C in NOLA on 1/14/05 at 07:01 (167114)

Suzanne, I second (or third?) what Dorothy and Julie said! The 'inner Suzanne' shows through so beautifully in your posts, from which we enjoy and learn so much. We love and appreciate you. Take care! :)

Carole C

Geri on 1/14/05 at 09:01 (167124)

Hi; You all brighten my day as your posts are so uplifting, funny and straight forward. Thank God no sick couch potato here. I could not get a flu shot as there was none here in Florida unless you were in a nursing home It's wash, wash, wash the hands. The best to all of you, and get well wishes.

Re: Thank you...

Suzanne D. on 1/14/05 at 15:34 (167150)

Thank you so much to each of you...It was so encouraging to come here and see these posts to me. I don't feel worthy of your compliments, but I thank you just the same.

I spoke with my daughter on the phone during my planning time at school today, and she sounded pretty congested but said her throat did not hurt as badly although her nasal congestion seemed worse. She said she hardly slept last night even with all the medicine for pain. This is how she always has been - when she gets sick, she gets really sick. She has never in her 23 years had 'just a cold'. She also pushes and pushes and is a perfectionist about everything. I think she wears herself down before she realizes it. But then even as a small child she never seemed to be able to rest for long periods of time - even when she was sick. I guess it will always be my job to keep telling her to get rest and take care of herself! :)

As for me, I don't seem to be any more tired than usual on a Friday afternoon. I'll keep taking Vitamin C and hope for the best!

Thanks for your concern and your words. They are both appreciated!
Suzanne :)