Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by Ilene D on 1/14/05 at 12:33 (167136)

On L. food only--sole of heel only--pains immediately upon stepping on foot. Pain doesn't go away while sleeping. Is it best to go to my regular physician or a foot doctor? (Or) try drug store remedy first?

Re: heel pain

Dr. Wishnie on 1/14/05 at 17:04 (167163)

It is best to see a podiatrist. Your primary medical doctor, even though he might have a lot of knowledge, does not have all the possible treatments available to give to you. If you do not need a referral, you should see your podiatrist.

Re: alternative treatment's for plantar fasciitis

Tony M on 1/17/05 at 11:21 (167392)

Im wondering if foot cushions and cream are the only treatments available for plantar facitis

Re: alternative treatment's for plantar fasciitis

Dr.Wishnie on 1/17/05 at 13:14 (167399)

Night splints, arch strappings, devices that stretch the plantar fascia are all helpful and can be found on this site.