Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fellow Sciaticans

Posted by Dorothy on 1/14/05 at 22:44 (167214)

Carole & Wendy ~

Here is the link for exercises I have used. I have just tried them all and see what seems to help. I hope they help you.

http://www.spine-health.com/topics/conserv/sciaex/sciaex01.html

Re: Fellow Sciaticans

Geri on 1/15/05 at 06:56 (167234)

Thanks Dorothy for this site. Sorry for butting in. I have sciatica, and have just started exercising again. These exercises look like they will help.

Re: Fellow Sciaticans

Dorothy on 1/15/05 at 18:49 (167275)

You're never butting in - (when we're talking about sciatica, maybe we're making a pun, eh? :-)

I think they help - often but not always. As Kathy G mentioned and you probably already know, heat can also help. I mentioned elsewhere here trigger point therapy which I think is also quite helpful - often but not always. Massage also ....

Like PF, it's a range of things to try, the repertoire of techniques and methods and materials, and one hopes that something will help - and often that's true, but not always!

I'm going to post a list of books that have good material and information for sciatica (and related problems)as soon as I can get enough time to put it together.