Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Idea for shower comfort

Posted by Linda V on 1/16/05 at 08:00 (167323)

Hi,
I remember the days when standing in the shower was excrutiatingly painful to my feet. I would fold the puffy bath mat I bought into a smaller section, but it was slippery. Yesterday, in Target, I came across a real neat bath mat in the INFANT bath section. Its actually made to go from the tub...right out to the floor and has these neat soft spongy built ins for the Mom or Dad to kneel on while bathing the little one. But I bet THIS part could be put in the shower and STOOD on and be comfy. Its made by 1st Steps. Just an idea..

Re: Idea for shower comfort

Dorothy on 1/16/05 at 12:21 (167340)

That sounds like a great idea!

By the way, this reminds me of something I've been intending to share here. For those of you who, for whatever reason, have difficulty bending down to wash the feet - such as during a painful back episode - you may have tried/thought about those 'foot brushes' that you scrub feet with without bending down. Over the years I have researched and tried them and found one some years back that is the absolute best. I bought one but only one because it was expensive. Well, when I needed/wanted to buy another one, I learned that it has become extremely difficult to find; in fact, it appeared that it was going to be impossible to find. But last month I found it! The brand is 'FootMate System' and it's a very good product. Unfortunately, it is still expensive (for a foot brush - some of which you can find for about $10.00 and they're not worth that!) but it's really good - believe me and my back: we love this thing. So I'm saving up the pennies and will be getting another one soon - but if you want the resource, let me know.

john h on 1/16/05 at 16:23 (167362)

Buy them while you can. My neighbor wears some of the goofest hats I have ever seen. They have enormous bills on them to protect her face from the sun. She even talked my wife into buying one. She orders them from someone who I think is in in Washington state. Whoever it is wrote her recently he would be retiring and would be no longer making the hats in a few months. She told me she had just ordered 25 of them and to let Mary know. Sure! I will do that if I can remember. I refuse to walk with Mary when she wears that hat or she has to walk in front or behind me.

Cyndi on 1/20/05 at 18:42 (167635)

I have used a rolled up towel to stand on in the shower and it works great.
Just use a thin towel that scrunches easliy, hey, you can even do the toe pulls with towel before you get in shower, Hee hee.

Also the foot baths have been widely available for Christmas sales and they are expensive and sometimes hard to find in July so get it now.