Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Long term use of Night Splint

Posted by Chris T on 1/16/05 at 11:48 (167337)

I developed pf in June of 2003. I sufferred without treatment until January of 2004 at which time I got orthotics. In February of 2003 I was still in agony and I got a night splint. I have used it every single night since. My pf is pretty much resolved. I walk pain free. I can engage in all normal activities for me and I am pain free. I am wondering if it is ok to continue to use the night splint for the long term. Thanks!

Re: Long term use of Night Splint

Dr.Wishnie on 1/17/05 at 13:15 (167400)

no problem. I congratulate you on the fact that you can use such a device for long term. What type of splint do you have? Do you find it comfortable?

Re: Long term use of Night Splint

Chris T on 1/17/05 at 15:28 (167413)

I have really not had any problem with the splint at all. At first I could feel it tug on my heel but that went away after a while. I am using a Bird & Cronin splint, looks similar to the one on the top of this page: http://www.birdcronin.com/images/lower_extre/html.docs.lowex/postop_features.html

It is nice to know that I can continue to wear it until such time as I feel my foot is completely healed. THank you for your response.