Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

??? heel spur in 2nd foot

Posted by stefani on 1/16/05 at 18:28 (167372)

It has been almost 2 years since having epf on left foot and I still have occasional pain. I wear orthotics or birks all the time. Now I am developing the same or worse symptoms in the other foot. I have already had one shot and have been wearing my night splint, but nothing seems to help. After already going down such a long road with the other foot, I sure don't want to go there again. Long story, but over 13 shots, taping and such for 13 weeks, with little or no relief, changed doctors, used pt and night splint then had epf surgery, still a great deal of pain, more all over the foot than just the heel as before the surgery. Any suggestions of where to start correctly this time?????

Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: ??? heel spur in 2nd foot

Dr. Z on 1/16/05 at 19:27 (167378)

Hi
Rest, taping, reading the heel pain book. Plantar fasciitis stretching, see link on this web site.

Julie on 1/16/05 at 23:26 (167387)

Stefanie and Dr Z, for 'plantar fasciitis stretching' you need the link, which is PF Stretch.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/17/05 at 16:51 (167418)

Where is this link located in the heelspurs.com site?

Julie on 1/18/05 at 02:56 (167438)

Dr Z, it's right there, and works like any other link. Just click on the blue words and you're taken to the exercise. The point is that when you suggest the exercise to a poster, you have to use the exact format: PF stretch, not plantar fascia stretch of plantar fascia stretching, or anything else. PF stretch works as a link.

Re: ??? heel spur in 2nd foot ScottR please see this

Julie on 1/18/05 at 02:59 (167439)

Ah. Apparently PF stretch (lower case 's') does NOT work as a link. You have to write PF Stretch (capital 'S).

Scott, can you do something about this link so that it works if someone puts PF stretch?

Could you possibly also make it work as a link if someone who can't remember the exact format writes Plantar Fascia Stretch (with or without caps)?

Thanks.