Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes and changes in size with weather, humidity

Posted by Linda V on 1/17/05 at 07:06 (167390)

Hi,
It seems whenever I go to a warm climate from a wintery NH, my feet swell a bit. I have needed to go to a shoe store and buy new sneakers in Aruba and Florida. I imagine its a combination of the heat, the coronas, and diet..as I am the type of person who can't get my rings off after eating chinese food or other salty foods.
My question is...does this level off or after I move south? Does the body adjust after a few weeks, or am I going to need to replace ALL my shoes and resize the rings?
And...when you southerners come up north...do you find your shoes and rings get looser?

Re: Shoes and changes in size with weather, humidity

Richard, C.Ped on 1/19/05 at 09:09 (167525)

Good question. I would like to hear any stories myself.

Re: Thanks Richard...more input from others please

Linda V on 1/19/05 at 13:18 (167540)

Richard,
I have learned the old saying that peoples blood gets thinner down south is completely false. My brother works for a cardiac catheter company in Florida...and he said the viscosity does NOT change a bit. Which makes sense, because all the snowbirds Coumadin doses would be changing constantly.
I am not overweight, have no edema, in pretty good shape for a 50 year old with resolving PF....but BOY does temperature affect the fit of my shoes and rings.