Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Denise g RE: post op

Posted by Kim on 1/19/05 at 09:07 (167522)

It's now been 4 months post op & surgery is looking like it failed. scheduled for the emg. I am now in physical therapy which is helping alot. also, in the pain clinic & have started the scar ablation shots for the scar neuromas on the top of the foot & TSS , had 2 needles literally bent because scar tissue is so tough, go back on feb to pain clinic &everyone has been absoutley wonderful & supportive except the podotrist.We are getting a second opinion because even the md at the pain clinic was impressed how well i handle the shots he had a hard time penetrating the scarring on the Tss area finally he went around. my husbands face lookedb horrified but i held on knowing it would help.I have been also started on the neurotin 600mg tid, skelaxin 800mg tid ,continue with the roxicet. i will be switching over to 12hr shifts & will try them, was working 8 hrs full time. i have stopped doing the walks but have worked on the exercise bike. The foot still feels like a spike going up through bottom of foot to top where the deep peroneal surgy was done, pain is back on the inside of the foot, pinching pain just below ankle bone, & foot still feels heavy,but the meds help alot. I am thankful for this website & all your support.

Re: Denise g RE: post op

denise g on 1/19/05 at 18:53 (167563)

I am sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. Did you start the physical therapy shortly after surgery, that is what broke up my scar tissue. I still have some and the Dr. said more will continue to form although much more slowly after 3 months. He said healing will continue for up to 1 year. I still go to therapy but only 1xweek now as opposed to 3.
Being on my feet aggravates them, I don't think I could be on my feet 8 hrs let alone 12. Are you sure you want to do that? I am back doing field work , visiting people at their homes, but don't go out for more than 4 hours at a time.
Healing Thoughts
Denise