Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My rear end

Posted by wendyn on 1/19/05 at 22:12 (167579)

For any of you interested in my behind....I had first physio today. The PT thinks I jarred my SI joint in September when I stepped backwards really hard off a curb. I kept blaming the biking for my pain, and it appears that is not what my problem is (although I did step off the curb funny while having a break DURING a bike ride).

She suspects that my SI joint has been out of alignment and this is causing all my muscles to seize up (subsequently squeezing my sciatic nerve).

Anyway, she adjusted my SI Joint and did some trigger point work and hip/pelvis adjustments. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I already feel better. I feel so foolish for leaving this for so long.

Oh well, at least it looks like this isn't a weird permanent thing. I'll be dedicated to physio for a while, but there is hope for me yet!!!

Re: My rear end

BlisterBabe on 1/20/05 at 12:05 (167612)

I hope your butt feels better soon! I did something similar about 6 months ago, and the injury affected my back and walking, and well, just about everything! I thought i was in major trouble, but after a few visits to the chiropractor, and a couple of weeks' rest, I was surpised I felt as good as new! Was that your Sacro-illiac joint? That's what I hurt. I can't even remember now what it was I did! I don't think it was stepping backword off a curb though! LOL

Hope to hear you're on the mend soon!

Carole C in NOLA on 1/20/05 at 12:19 (167616)

Wendy, I'm glad that you are feeling better! :)

I should have someone look at my sciatic pain problem too. I can very nearly identify the exact spot on my lower back that it's coming from, and an adjustment would surely fix me up as well. It's just one of those things that I know I need to get done, but haven't.

Carole C

Cyndi on 1/20/05 at 18:55 (167638)

Blister, you mentioned on the Social Support board that you were worried about being a few lbs. too many. I am in the same boat as you after sitting around a year now with my aching feet. I have just started water therapy and I believe it is wonderful. I am taking an atrhritis class even thought I do not have arthrits but it covers everything we need and the water walking was what my DR ordered. Thelong foam Noodles are great for bike riding and cross country skiing in the water. Just the leg movements , but, hey, I figure it has to help. I went to a PT place in DEC but cannot afford to continue in Jan so I joined the Y. It is a Great class and as cheap as one DR visit.

Necee on 1/21/05 at 07:53 (167659)

Glad you found a treatment that is helping you Wendy. Hope the improvement continues!

Happy trails....

Necee

Kathy G on 1/21/05 at 09:51 (167663)

Wendy,

Who knew that discussion of your rear end would garner so many posts? I am curious. When you say, 'Physio,' do you mean a physical therapist? Julie has made references to a Physio as well and I didn't know what she meant. It must be a European/Canadian term or just one that we New Englanders aren't familiar with.

I'm glad you're feeling better and you know longer have a pain in the ah....posterior!