Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Your favorite era to live in....

Posted by Linda V on 1/20/05 at 07:23 (167583)

If you could choose, what era do you think you would like to live in? Past, present, or future? I think maybe I would have liked to live in the 'little house on the prairie' time. Families were closer, neighbors worked together....yes, hard work, shorter lifespan, i know...or else maybe in the flapper-girl era. My husband chose the gilded age.

Re: Your favorite era to live in....

Dorothy on 1/20/05 at 09:09 (167589)

Between 1900 and just before WWI began.

Kathy G on 1/20/05 at 10:10 (167598)

Good question, Linda. We should move the discussion over to the Social Board. I'll have to think about it but I kind of like right now. I'll give my reasons later, on that board. Scott likes us to keep this board more 'medical' and stick to treatments, etc.

Moderator on 1/20/05 at 10:23 (167603)

Moved to Social Board.

John H on 1/20/05 at 10:39 (167605)

Dodge City in the late 1800's. Have a drink with Miss Kitty and work for Matt. Doc could surely cure my PF.

Moderator on 1/20/05 at 14:48 (167621)

Pssssst, John.....To many 'substances' in the 60's? that was a tv show.
haha!!!!!

Re: That was not wise

Richard, C.Ped on 1/20/05 at 14:50 (167622)

Ah crap,
here I go making fun of a 60 year old ex militay guy that could kick my butt.

Oh well. Im married. Im used to it.

John H on 1/21/05 at 12:11 (167685)

I actually never saw any real drugs until I reached Vietnam and took a course in drug recognition. Some of the troops seemed to do drugs but I really never did see much of that either. I got all the 'high' I needed flying into N. Vietnam or Laos.

Sudden rememberance: We had a small movie theatre on our base. It had wooden sides but a tent for a top and screen wire around it for windows and air. Wooden chairs were used and we would have 50 or so people attend the movies. One night as I was sitting on the aisle I heard a large noise in the aisle and looked down to see a huge jungle rat with a bag of pop corn he was dragging down the aisle. No one pain any attention to him just like he was another movie goer.

Dorothy on 1/21/05 at 18:05 (167695)

Nightmares! I feel nightmares coming on! Just the words: 'huge jungle rat....' - Nightmares!

You do know that the area where Wendy lives is rat-free?

Kathy G on 1/22/05 at 11:29 (167714)

It's too cold for them to exist! John, just so long as the rat didn't sit in front of anyone and block their view of the screen!

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/23/05 at 20:55 (167775)

Linda:
It is so easy to romantiacize about bygone eras. The 'gaslight' era has certain qualities. I could think of little better that being a youngster growing up in the Los Angeles area in the early 1960's...
Ed