Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hELP! After years of Plantar Fasciitis, Hallicus Longus Tendonitis in Arch!

Posted by Todd on 1/22/05 at 14:18 (167718)

i need help! I had Plantar Fasciitis in both feet for almost 3 years now. Tried everything there is for it and finally opted for the EPF surgeries. The right foot seems to be finally pretty much okay but the left foot never really felt better. So after more and more time of trying to figure out what was going on it looks like my hallicus longus tendon is very inflamed (through mri). Maybe i never really had pf is this foot because i never had heel pain only arch pain right through that tendon. The doctor is talking about a surgery to release the tendon but i really dont wanna go through another surgery. I'm only 26 and i haven't been able to walk since i was 23! Is there anything else i can do?? Im so desperate. Injections give me relief for a day or so but thats it. PF stretchs dont seem to do much for me, are they are stretches that can help this?? Thanks so much!

Re: hELP! After years of Plantar Fasciitis, Hallicus Longus Tendonitis in Arch!

Roflmao on 1/22/05 at 16:14 (167721)

You certainly do and may I give you a suggesting??? Jump into your car and drive to a clinic and go get ex-rays and see a real docter in person you nit-witt. Instead of asking docters that give no more then the same old song and dance get treated by a docter in person....You will never get no were clown.

Todd on 1/22/05 at 16:45 (167723)

Chill out Roflmao. I've seen dozens of doctors... and still do every damn week.... had millions of x-rays, MRIs, and had surgery on both feet. I go on here to get another opinion and because people might be going through the same thing where no doctor seems to offer any answers. Maybe they would sympothize and give pport. I do not go on here to deal with moronic fools like you. I just am trying every avenue possible to get some answers. Thanks for your kind words and support.

Dr. Wishnie on 1/22/05 at 16:54 (167724)

I am assuming the hallucis longus tendinitis is the flexor hallucis longus. This tendon attaches to the big toe at the bottom of the toe and it's action is to flex or bend down the big toe. The medial slip of the plantar fascia attaaches to the ball of the big toe joint so it is still possible you have both problems with the tendinitis as a result of compensation from the PF. I would not try to operate on the tendon. I would find out why the PF is still painful or maybe you just have the tendinitis. If it is the tendinitis, I would try an injection, immobilization with strapping and a surgical shoe, ice and anti-inflammatories and reduce your activities. You might have tried this for the PF but it should work better for the tendinitis as long as you do not have both problems.

Roflmao on 1/23/05 at 17:09 (167761)

I,am glad you completed the goons question perhaps he will shut up and go awayh=. He whines that he has been to all docters in the wrold, I highyl doult that he has are is problem would have been treated long ago. I have had six foot related problems this year and have whent to the docter and got good treatment. I understand the fact that you goons are real docters but try to give complete details other then Riddles.... Thanks your pal Roflmao

Mike W on 1/23/05 at 18:02 (167767)

Todd,

Have you tried strengthening your Extensor Hallicus Longus Muscle? This will help relax your tight FHL.

Regards,

Mike W

Todd on 1/23/05 at 20:16 (167773)

i havent tried that. How do i do that?

doc on 1/24/05 at 00:17 (167784)

Roflmao....before insulting anyone, do me a favor and go to your nearest community college and take an english or spelling class.asswipe.

Mike W on 1/24/05 at 09:00 (167800)

Todd,

You move your big toe towards your body and resist the movement with something on the top of your big toe.

Please check out my website http://www.foottrainer.com for more information.

Regards,

Mike W

Mike W on 1/24/05 at 10:25 (167808)

Hello Todd,

All you have to do is resist with something on the top of your big toe while you move the big toe towards your body.

You should check out my website http://www.foottrainer.com for more information.

Regards,

Mike W

Todd on 1/25/05 at 02:41 (167884)

ill try anything.. i ordered the foot trainer.... are there specific instructions for this exercize that come with it?

Re: SAve your money dont buy the foottrainer

KIKI on 1/25/05 at 17:04 (167920)

I purchased the footrainer for my FHL tenosynovitis as Mike W recommened and it did not strenghten or take the pain away for my condition. What a joke it's made of a sawed off golf putter. Heh i did use it the other day at the local miniature golf joint!!!!!!!!!!

Re: SAve your money dont buy the foottrainer

Dorothy on 1/25/05 at 18:48 (167923)

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I used the Foot Trainer early on with foot problems - sometime between 6-9 months maybe - but not immediately after developing problems. I thought it helped a great deal. I went from having a lot of pain to reduced pain and that being sporadic. I don't know what FHL tenosynovitis is but I have PF and Achilles problems (and back problems)and although I haven't experienced a complete elimination of the feet/Achilles problems, I get around pretty well most of the time (until the back acts up). I give a lot of credit to the Foot Trainers with the earlier progress because it was when I began using them regularly that I began to improve. No one would disagree with you that they look funny and it seems like a funny idea - I was extremely skeptical when they arrived - but I began to realize that they are a very clever, ingenious idea. It's difficult to have an exercise device for the feet; after all, you can't exactly lift weights or have resistance training (that is non-weight bearing) with the feet and toes. The design allows you to control things with your arms/hands while providing the exercise all that way away down at your feet/ankles!I think it's a very clever idea and design. I certainly haven't come up with a better idea and I am always grateful to Mike W. for his idea. What I haven't been very smart about is keeping up with the maintenance program. The whole thing does take some time for it to be completely effective, I think - although one can feel improvement within a week or so, as I recall from the early days. You are entitled to your opinion but I had a different experience and I think that some others have, too; I'm not really sure. Perhaps others will chime in on the subject...