Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ScottR

Posted by Dorothy on 1/23/05 at 00:59 (167750)

ScottR:

I am writing to ask that you sell Julie Friedeberger's materials on your website. I am particularly interested in her audiocassette: 'Breathe and Relax: A Way to Healing' which is a meditation practice. I would guess that other participants on your website might be interested in this as well.

I recently received her book, The Healing Power of Yoga, which I have been reading and find to be excellent. Because of her friends here, I am guessing that other people on heelspurs.com would be interested in this book, too, although it is available elsewhere. The audiocassette I mentioned is not available anywhere except from Julie apparently. I think if you offered it, it would sell. I know that I would like to buy it.
I hope you will consider it and when Julie is feeling well, perhaps she or her husband could provide you with the cassettes to sell.

For your consideration...

Re: ScottR

Tina H on 1/24/05 at 08:44 (167798)

Scott, I would be like to purchase the book if you start to carry it. Let us know. Thanks, Tina

John H on 1/24/05 at 09:20 (167801)

I think I bought one of her books on Amazon.com

Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 10:00 (167805)

John H -

They're only available used or from the sellers who sell through Amazon and only sporadically - that is to say, not consistently available through Amazon. The audiocassette is not available at all except through Julie, which is why I suggested that Scott could arrange with her if he were to carry the tapes and books here.

I am well into The Healing Power of Yoga, which I think is her latest book, and I think it is an excellent resource. I would recommend it to any and all here. I have many books and tapes on yoga, relaxation, breathing, etc etc.... I would rank this the best or, certainly among the best, that I am familiar with. I love its tone, its clarity and its good, solid information and instructions - it's really very good. I think its section on breathing and breathing exercises is the best I've seen.

John H - any word on Julie that you can share if you know?

Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 10:05 (167807)

John H -
My response to your post was not precise and so I want to clarify my post. The books are not ONLY available on Amazon; you can get them through some UK sources (do a Google search) but if you are going through Amazon, then my post on that pertains - at least to the best of my knowledge.
You can find some on ebay/half.bay but I don't think The Healing Power of Yoga is for sale there - yet anyway. It's the one that I am reading and can speak a little about and recommend highly.

Re: Dorothy

Kathy G on 1/24/05 at 10:47 (167812)

Dorothy,

I didn't think anyone would hear from Julie until maybe mid week. I'm assuming they kept her in the hospital for a few days so she might be just getting home today. I think they keep people in the hospital longer in the UK, not like they do here where the policy is to send people home as soon as possible to keep the insurance companies happy.

I imagine she'll be on some heavy duty pain meds at first so I'm assuming no news is good news.

Re: Dorothy

Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 11:39 (167815)

What you say makes sense....

John H on 1/24/05 at 12:38 (167819)

Dorothy the one I ordered was the one on cancer. It has been several years ago that I ordered it. I have never searched for her Yoga books.

Darlene on 1/24/05 at 14:07 (167827)

I bought Office Yoga and it is excellent!

D.

Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 16:41 (167838)

The Visible Wound I think is the one you are referring to.
The other two are Office Yoga (although there are several books out with that same title so you have to look for Julie's by her name) and The Healing Power of Yoga which is the one that I think is terrific.

john h on 1/24/05 at 17:53 (167846)

Right you are Dorothy.