Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post surgery orthodics

Posted by jeannie m on 1/24/05 at 17:20 (167844)

i find that all the orthodics (custom made twice) hurt my feet and wonder if i will be able to wear them ever comfortably if i do get surgery. I am thinking if they hurt now will they hurt always or is the pain now due to the facia tightness.I know i will have to always wear them after surgery and wonder if they will not hurt as bad. thanks for any input

Re: post surgery orthodics

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/24/05 at 18:02 (167850)

Hi
Some people just can't wear orthosis. If they are hard or what is called rigid ( plastic) you may not be able to wear them

jeannie m on 1/24/05 at 18:57 (167856)

but if i have the surgery can i just wear regular off the shelf inserts in my shoes and be alright ?

Dr. Z on 1/24/05 at 21:37 (167864)

This will depend on the biomechanical evaluation along with a gait analysis. I would have to see you walk and evaluate your foot function to answer this question.

Re: post surgery orthodics - Dr Z

Pat on 2/20/05 at 21:11 (169523)

I'm probably looking at getting another pair of orthodics made since my surgery (EPF on 11/3/2004). I've been reading the boards and I have a few questions - my first is is there any difference between hard and soft orthodics in terms of support and my second is is that even though I have tons of problems with my feet (alot hereditary like everyone else) and have had orthodics before I never had a biomechanical evaluation or gait analysis done as far as I know. Is there some type of machine used for this or do they just watch you walk (which they've done).