Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel bursitis

Posted by dixie on 1/25/05 at 22:30 (167952)

I have pf in my right foot. I have the high arches and very tight calves and hamstrings.
Been to pt to stretch these so that my pf would improve, but it has not. Even though this pf is very painful, and I've been through the gammit of just about every treatment, with the exceptions of ESWT and surgery. I have significant pain. My ? is, I've been told that there really isn't much one can do for inflammed heel bursea. Or is there? My ortho. said that removal of the heel bursae would not be wise, and aspiration is really not an option.
What should one do to reduce the pain and inflamation of this 'bad boy?' I've been on NASID's, iced, stretched, orthotics. This bursae keeps me from 'centering' up on my foot, (feels like a big water blister under the heel pad) therefore I've been walking on the side of my foot for quite sometime. My ankle now feels weak. Sad story, I know. Any comments??

Re: heel bursitis

Dr.Wishnie on 1/26/05 at 07:19 (167963)

ESWT would definitely be beneficial for this problem. I agree, do not take the bursa out. Your orthotics should not be of a very hard plastic-type. More of a leather type. Cryoablation, also known as cryotherapy or cryosurgery is also another treatment that can be beneficial. Go to http://www.stopfootpainfast.com and click on the flashing button that says new technology for heel and nerve pain. There is information on this procedure.