Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie

Posted by Dorothy on 1/26/05 at 15:54 (168003)

Julie ~ This little bibliography will bring you somewhat up to date on the subject of my opinion of The Healing Power of Yoga. As you will also see, I've been 'hawking' the book during your absence and convalescence. I hope people can find the book and I hope sales increase because I think it is one terrific book. Really, Julie - well done! My post about my back hurting in sympathy, perhaps, or certainly tension, over your impending surgery was just that. It did hurt and for a short while hurt a lot. We had long-planned a 'date' to the ballet and dinner and I was determined to go. We went but I was in a lot of pain. I tried to put my mind into the 'flying and floating' ballet bodies - something I used to do myself and something I dearly love - so it provided an escape of sorts. I've been finding the reading of your book to be a refreshing and enlightening experience, surprising because I have read so much on the subject. I think you have addressed the topics of the book with fresh eyes and clarity and - really good sense. I love it and I am treasuring it. I am also reading a book about the psoas and I plan to discuss it here a little more because others might find it useful. Ok - here's the bibiography. Get back to your mending! We're so glad you're back (and so glad that your back is back :-)
Note: the following list of posts is most recent first, a little confusing...

Re: ScottR view thread
Posted by Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 16:41

The Visible Wound I think is the one you are referring to.
The other two are Office Yoga (although there are several books out with that same title so you have to look for Julie's by her name) and The Healing Power of Yoga which is the one that I think is terrific.
Posted to Category: Treatments / Symptoms / Products

Posted by Darlene on 1/24/05 at 14:07

I bought Office Yoga and it is excellent!

D.

Posted by John H on 1/24/05 at 12:38

Dorothy the one I ordered was the one on cancer. It has been several years ago that I ordered it. I have never searched for her Yoga books.

Posted by Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 10:05

John H -
My response to your post was not precise and so I want to clarify my post. The books are not ONLY available on Amazon; you can get them through some UK sources (do a Google search) but if you are going through Amazon, then my post on that pertains - at least to the best of my knowledge.
You can find some on ebay/half.bay but I don't think The Healing Power of Yoga is for sale there - yet anyway. It's the one that I am reading and can speak a little about and recommend highly.

Posted by Dorothy on 1/24/05 at 10:00

John H -

They're only available used or from the sellers who sell through Amazon and only sporadically - that is to say, not consistently available through Amazon. The audiocassette is not available at all except through Julie, which is why I suggested that Scott could arrange with her if he were to carry the tapes and books here.

I am well into The Healing Power of Yoga , which I think is her latest book, and I think it is an excellent resource. I would recommend it to any and all here. I have many books and tapes on Yoga , relaxation, breathing, etc etc.... I would rank this the best or, certainly among the best, that I am familiar with. I love its tone, its clarity and its good, solid information and instructions - it's really very good. I think its section on breathing and breathing exercises is the best I've seen.

John H - any word on Julie that you can share if you know?

Posted by John H on 1/24/05 at 09:20

I think I bought one of her books on Amazon.com

Posted by Tina H on 1/24/05 at 08:44

Scott, I would be like to purchase the book if you start to carry it. Let us know. Thanks, Tina

ScottR view thread
Posted by Dorothy on 1/23/05 at 00:59

ScottR:

I am writing to ask that you sell Julie Friedeberger's materials on your website. I am particularly interested in her audiocassette: 'Breathe and Relax: A Way to Healing' which is a meditation practice. I would guess that other participants on your website might be interested in this as well.

I recently received her book, The Healing Power of Yoga , which I have been reading and find to be excellent. Because of her friends here, I am guessing that other people on heelspurs.com would be interested in this book, too, although it is available elsewhere. The audiocassette I mentioned is not available anywhere except from Julie apparently. I think if you offered it, it would sell. I know that I would like to buy it.
I hope you will consider it and when Julie is feeling well, perhaps she or her husband could provide you with the cassettes to sell.

For your consideration...
Reply to Message # 167750

Julie View Thread
Posted by Dorothy on 1/19/05 at 18:37

Julie - I have just a few things to say and will be brief; I'm sure you have plenty on your mind right now. First, a friend of mine sent me your book 'The Healing Power of Yoga' and it arrived today! Second, my back has been hurting quite a bit the past two days - and that coincides with the increasing level of awareness I've been having of your surgery date!
This is all too weird. However, I can only echo others' words of encouragement and good wishes. I am sincerely hoping you are well, pain free and back in contact with us here as soon as you can possibly be. (You now have the added burden of MY back hurting because of thinking about yours!!) We are pulling for you and are with you in thought and spirit and will be very glad to hear from you post-surgery. Be well ~

Message Number 157818