Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoe product

Posted by Randy on 1/27/05 at 14:25 (168046)

I read awhile back on this board about a product that attaches to the bottom of your shoe. Does anyone now if and how these can be ordered, Thanks!
Randy

Re: shoe product

Richard, C.Ped on 1/27/05 at 15:48 (168054)

What does the product do?

Randy on 1/28/05 at 10:29 (168088)

It provides extra padding/support which for me is much better than on the inside. I think the guy that runs the site and one of the drs mentioned it. Thanks for the response.
Randy

Richard, C.Ped on 1/29/05 at 16:34 (168137)

I am not sure what that could be. It might be a different soling material or perhaps a metatarsal bar.

Suzanne D. on 1/29/05 at 17:08 (168139)

Randy, I think I know what you are talking about, but I can't find the post! Some time back, Dr. Ed, I believe, posted about a product that attached to the bottom and sides of the shoe. If I remember correctly, he commented that these could be useful for people working in factories, etc., where the floors are hard and sometimes slippery. I have looked in back posts, but I can't locate it. I remember seeing a picture of them, too. I can't remember the name or anything specific enough to use the search feature here.

Hopefully, if it was Dr. Ed who posted about the product, he may see this and post again. In the meantime, if I ever find the post, I'll let you know!

Suzanne :)

Dorothy on 1/29/05 at 21:29 (168152)

Suzanne D - Your memory is correct. Dr. Ed also corresponded with ScottR. about carrying this product on this website. ScottR said he had contacted with company but had never received a sample from them or perhaps never heard back from them - something like that. It was a product that was attached to the outside of the shoe. I don't recall seeing a picture of it, but have the idea that it was something like cusioning or carpeting that somehow attached to the shoe, for cushioning without adding bulk/thickness to the inside of a shoe. Dr. Ed or ScottR could probably direct you to the post. It was within the past two months, I think.

Re: Randy, check on the Social Board on this site...

Suzanne D. on 1/30/05 at 06:14 (168159)

Dorothy has found the post I was looking for which I think shows the product you were remembering. She posted it on the Social Board on this site.

Suzanne :)

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/30/05 at 22:12 (168182)

Suzanne:
The product is called 'Ergo-Mates' and is bascically a portable tread mat that attaches to the bottom of your shoe.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/30/05 at 22:15 (168183)

Dorothy:
I think that the company, a rather small company was caught off guard by all of the interest. They did not quite realize that they stumbled onto a very useful product. Be persistent with contacting them as they are doing their best to get caught up. Also, if anyone emails me at (email removed), I should have their reps number on file...
Ed

Dorothy on 1/30/05 at 23:48 (168184)

Dr. Ed -

Actually, it was a poster named Randy who inquired about this. Suzanne responded to him/her and I located the earlier posts to help Randy locate the product. I hope that Randy sees your helpful post and can thank you him/herself.

Thanks ~
Dorothy

Randy on 2/01/05 at 16:24 (168258)

Thanks very much for the responses!! I will contact the co. Thanks for the link Dr Ed.
Randy