Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DOCTORS??? IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE??

Posted by Dorothy on 1/30/05 at 20:21 (168178)

Rod/marine4life has posted this question for doctors.Can anybody help him??

Posted by rod on 1/28/05 at 01:02
While in the Marine Corps I was diagnose with pes cavus. Its something I've always have. Its how the Lord above built me. After prolong standing and physical training my achelies and heels would burn. Podiatrist from the national naval medical center
decided surgery would be the best course, considering numerous alternatives failed. The plan was to move both heels and lengthen the achelies. During the day of the surgery my doctor informed me that they were going to work on just the right
foot and decided that an achelies lengthening was not necessary and would be too much. I agreed. Everything went well and the surgery was a success. One year later a date was scheduled for my second surgery. With my first doctor gone the new doctors decided to do an achelies lengthening. I explained to them why an achelies lengthening was not performed the first time and they assured me that it wouldn't make a difference.......to make a long story short IT DID. It made a BIG difference. I feel lopsided now. My doctor told me not to even thing about running and try to keep off my feet as much as possible. My knees and hip takes a beating dayly. by 12:00 noon everyday my day is over cause im in so much pain. Nights are very long. I cant walk for more than 10 minutes at a time. it feels like its only getting worst. is there anything i can do? is this normal. should the same surgery have been performed on both feet..PLEASE HELP......THANK YOU

Re: DOCTORS??? IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE??

Dr. Z on 1/30/05 at 21:24 (168180)

Hi
Without an examination to determine the exact cause and the effect of the achilles tendon surgery it would very difficult to determine what to do.
I will like to ask what kind of treatments have been done since the 2nd surgery which included the achilles tendon procedure?

Re: DOCTORS??? IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE??

thanks on 2/04/05 at 02:16 (168464)

Thank you so much Dorothy. God bless your kind heart.
DR Z
Thank you for taking your time and respondingto my questions. To answer your question sir, I went through six weeks of physical therapy. It wasn't anything grueling, just light stretching and messaging on the tendon. It was the military so the 'physical therapist' didn't have much knowledge about my post surgery pains. I just want to know if this is normal. Is it even possible to feel lop-sided after surgery and is it normal for two different surgeries to be perform for the same problem…………im just really afraid that the military used me as a guinea pig. Thank you for your time sir

Re: Help with achelies

Kerry on 8/03/06 at 10:32 (206185)

Somehow I injured my achelies. Just started hurting one day. I do a lot of jogging so I'm sure that is where it probably happened. A couple of times even when it was hurting I went and did my jog, and paid for it later as I could not put much pressure on it. I know the only way to make it heal faster is to probably stop running for a while. Is there anything else I can do to make it heal a bit faster.