Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doctor's opinion on a flexible

Posted by ElishaJ on 2/01/05 at 17:26 (168264)

I had posted previous questions regarding my PF. But lately I've been doing physical therapy and the therapist suggests shouldn't do any stretching exercise, because I am already extremely flexible. My plantar fascia is not tight ever, Im painfree in the morning, but experience a lot of inflammation throughout the day. Basically, are there any cases of the plantar fascia being to loose and causing inflammation. I just dont now how to treat this anymore. No methods seem to effect the pain.
thank you

Re: Doctor's opinion on a flexible

Dr. Z on 2/01/05 at 17:53 (168266)

Hi

What does your podiatrist/orthopedic doctor say is causing your pain.? Inflamation isn't something you can usually see with your eyes. I wouldn't stretch is there is plenty of Range of motion. Shoulds like either a systemic disease or some type of nerve entrapement. Might want to see a neurologist .

ElishaJ on 2/02/05 at 18:07 (168338)

Thank you for your thoughts. My podiatrist took X-rays and there is inflamation there. What do you mean by systemic disease. He ruled out anything nerve related because there is no tingling present.

Dr. Z on 2/02/05 at 19:15 (168344)

Systemic disease such as Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis etc