Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

achilles pain/tiny muscle spasms/tendonitis

Posted by james n on 2/05/05 at 13:18 (168562)

hi. great site. i am having a few problems. i have suffered on and off from pf for 2 1/2 years. my most recent flare up is the worst ever. i am not able to walk at all without pain. mostly it is a sharp pain in the arch of the right foot with achilles pain and muscle soreness. also i am havin pain like shin splints at the top of the foot/ankle nexus. i am just going to have to rest for a while. should i be taking any supplements i may not have heard about? i am icing 10 min every 2 hours. anything else i can do? i am sick of this and want to get on with my life.

Re: achilles pain/tiny muscle spasms/tendonitis

Martin on 2/05/05 at 13:52 (168565)

Hi James,

There's loads of supplements you can take to help. For some people they work brilliantly, others less so, each person if different.

I used all of the following - Vit C, Vit B, MSM (purifies the system and good for everything from tissue repair through to healing the digestive system - best to take high doses in the powder form as it's cheaper, and/or MSM cream), glucosamine sulphate (good for ligament/tissue repair), bromelain (a natural anti-inflammatory).

Personally I'm trying to sort my PF and other probelms out through healing my 'leaky gut' - see my post earlier today.

Scott's heel pain book if full of other good suggestions. Hope something helps.

Martin

Martin on 2/05/05 at 14:02 (168566)

Forgot to mention oils high in Omega three fatty acids are also really good for your general health and reduce inflammation - such as cod liver oil and flax seed oil (I take a tablespoon of both with food each day).

Martin on 2/06/05 at 07:14 (168603)

Also, if you're not doing stretching, this is considered a must. See the heel pain book.

james n on 2/06/05 at 10:29 (168613)

i am trying to stretch but, the calf is halving tiny spasms after almost any activity. the achilles hurts like hell and is sore to the touch. i am using a golf ball on the bottom of the foot. i will be using low level laser therapy and ice today.