Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heelspurs.com Crossword puzzle

Posted by Scott R on 2/06/05 at 12:22 (168620)

I made a crossword puzzle for the web site at the link below. Please let me know other questions that should be in a bigger crossword if you can think of them. Also please suggest other types of puzzles or games that could help people learn about heel pain while being entertaining.

http://heelspurs.com/crossword

Re: heelspurs.com Crossword puzzle

Suzanne D. on 2/08/05 at 21:48 (168773)

I think this is really neat! Of course I am always looking for ways to make learning fun at school, so I give you an A for this puzzle!

Suzanne :)

Richard, C.Ped on 2/09/05 at 13:14 (168804)

Good puzzle. I was wondering why 'Richard, C.Ped' was not a question though. haha.

Hey, how about that idea? A heelspur.com 'poster' crossword? haha

Dorothy on 2/09/05 at 16:06 (168815)

Richard, C.Ped - You wrote 'Hey, how about that idea? A heelspur.com 'poster' crossword? haha'

So now I'm curious: how would YOU characterize posters if you were devising such a crossword as you propose??

The clue for Richard, C.Ped is a good start...... now, others??

Richard, C.Ped on 2/09/05 at 16:20 (168818)

Hmmm....perhaps we should not go there. hee hee

Kathy G on 2/10/05 at 08:32 (168832)

That's cool, Scott. I think that in addition to Richard's suggestion, we should have one that says, 'Beautiful, charming female from southern NH.' I can safely say that now that Linda has moved to Florida! :)

John H on 2/11/05 at 10:59 (168896)

I would like a Healspurs Calendar Girl Calendar. Now that would be cool. Could be modeled after the real life Calendar Girl Calendar made by the ladies from a small village in England to raise money. They ranged in age from 45-late 70's and yes they did show a little skin. I watched the movie based on this event recently and it was really funny. I think they ended up raising nearly a million dollars or more and the calendar was selling in many countries. Ok ladies who will be the first one to step up. I am in to photography and would be glad to assist. Remember this would be for chairty.

Darlene on 2/11/05 at 13:08 (168900)

That's hilarious - I needed a good laugh today.

One question - could the pictures be taken sitting?

John H on 2/11/05 at 13:31 (168902)

The ladies from England were sitting and standing in various positions. One who played the Church organ was sitting at a piano. All had various parts of their bodies hidden by little every day objects like flowers,etc. Actually it was done in good taste. Perhaps Julie might know where the village is located in England where these ladies live.

John H on 2/11/05 at 13:54 (168903)

View clip on English Calendar Girls. Fun Movie:

http://video.movies.go.com/products/3241203.html

Julie on 2/11/05 at 14:05 (168904)

Calendar Girls was filmed in Skipton, North Yorkshire, John.

http://www.famouslocations.com/movies/calendargirls2003.php

Kathy G on 2/12/05 at 09:07 (168925)

That was a funny movie! I'd pose if we could manage to put, say the Statue of Liberty, in front of me. I could wave my arms out from one side of it!