Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Patriots Won! Thought I was going to be quiet about this didn't you? :)

Posted by Kathy G on 2/07/05 at 09:49 (168678)

I've been real good and not bored you all with any Patriots talk but I'm just so pleased. For a serious football fan who's followed the Patriots all these years, this is unbelievable. It took me until this year to get so that I could watch them make a good play and then not have to wait and make sure there was no penalty on them to nullify it.

Patriots' fans haven't suffered as long as the Red Sox fans had. And John will tell you, we're not in the same category as the Cubs' fans but it's been a bit frustrating over the years.

During the endless two weeks since the playoffs and the actual game, I've been cringing every time someone would predict that the game was going to be a blowout. Vince Lombardi knew what he was talking about when he talked about 'any given Sunday' and these are, after all, the Patriots, albeit a different group of players under new owners and coaches.

It was a great way to end a great season!

Re: The Patriots Won! Thought I was going to be quiet about this didn't you? :)

Suzanne D. on 2/07/05 at 14:40 (168697)

Congratulations, Kathy! I knew they would win - me, a 'non-football person' who has to struggle to match the team names with their cities. I knew they would win because every year for as long as I can remember, my husband has rooted for the losing team on Superbowl Sunday! And this year he was for the Eagles. So, I knew the Patriots would win! :) I thought of you and knew you would be happy.

Suzanne :)

Richard, C.Ped on 2/09/05 at 14:33 (168808)

Who are these 'Patriots' you are referring to??? Just kidding

I am a Steeler fan only because my wife has family up there.

Dr. Z on 2/09/05 at 17:44 (168823)

I walk into a restaurant today for lunch. There was sign showing a news release by the AMA. The sign was folded in half. On the part showing it stated that the AMA was making a news annoucnement . The national choke hold sign was changing from a hand around the throat to the new one the Eagles logo.

Congratulations Patriots you beat the Eagles, the new national choke holder