Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

? regarding fractured cuineform

Posted by Shell D. on 2/10/05 at 08:27 (168831)

I was diagnosed with a fractured cuineform a year ago in January 2004. LONG story short, it took FOREVER to heal. Cast, crutches, boot, physical therapy, etc. I've been out of the boot since October 2004 and was pain free up until about six weeks ago. Now the pain has started to re-occur when I'm on my feet for any length of time. (30 mins to one hour) I'm not working out of the home, so it's not like I'm on my feet for extended periods of time, just daily housework, etc. Could it still be the fractured area causing me pain or could it be re-fractured? I have no swelling in the foot, but then I never did. I must also tell you I did NOTHING to cause the fracture in the first place. (I had EPF two months prior to the fracture)

I need to get in touch with my Pod, but wanted to run it past you first. I hate the thought of being placed back in that boot or cast again, so I'm holding out till the last minute. Thanks for any advice.

Re: ? regarding fractured cuineform

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/10/05 at 12:41 (168842)

It sounds like a stress fracture that may have re-occurred. Get off you feet and get in touch asap with your podiatrist. A stress fracture is something that can happen without any trauma to the area.