Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Dorothy on 2/11/05 at 14:57 (168906)

Here is a lovely person, lovely hair, good mind:

Re: Gray

Kathy G on 2/12/05 at 09:03 (168924)

Interesting; I'd never seen a picture of her. She's very attractive, isn't she? She doesn't look like I pictured her, based on her voice. Isn't it funny how you picture someone's looks, based on their voice? There was a great episode of 'Taxi' years ago where Alex fell madly in love with a dispatcher, based on her voice, and then was turned off when he met her and discovered she was about two hundred fifty pounds. It was an interesting episode and made everyone think.

I loved 'Taxi.' My favorite episode was the one where Reverend Jim applied for his driver's license. I remember taping a repeat of it and showing it to my children, who have real good senses of humor. Obviously, judging from their lack of reaction, you had to be there! Maybe it was because those of us who grew up in the late sixties and early seventies actually knew at least one burnt-out pothead similar to Jim Ignitowski (sp?).

There were some great shows back then. Newhart, WKRP in Cincinnati, Mary Tyler Moore, The Smothers Brothers, All in the Family and of course, the ultimate in good television, MASH. I'm getting old! :)

marie on 2/12/05 at 19:16 (168950)

I appreciated all of Mary Tyler Moore's help with Pale Male!

Loved the Smother's Brothers!

All in the Family was my Dad's favorite

I've seen every Mash show at least 6 times.

Kathy G on 2/13/05 at 09:25 (168963)

That's a neat website! I like to surprise and annoy the members of my family by setting our phone to ring with a soundbite I record from the computer. This should gived me endless possibilities!

I understand there are many college courses throughout the US that study why 'Mash' was such a success and why people like us will watch the same episodes over and over. Why was it timeless? It aired when our country was involved in the Vietnam conflict, and though it was about the Korean conflict, I guess that made it relevant. But that doesn't fully explain why it still is popular. The acting was excellent and so was the writing but there were other shows that were equally well done. It's quite an interesting phenomenon.