Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cymbalta

Posted by Ann B. on 2/18/05 at 06:21 (169308)

Cymbalta is fairly new and used not only for depression but for the pain of diabetic neuropathy. I'm going to try it for my TTS. Anyone have any experience or opinions about this medication? Thanks.

Re: Cymbalta

denise g on 2/18/05 at 10:39 (169339)

I just started on cymbalta 3 days ago, guess it takes time to kick in. I normally take an anti-depressant for depression but a pain management speciaist said try cymbalta as it is good for pain which I always seem to have in various parts of my body although my tts is cured.

Re: quick question

Buck on 2/19/05 at 10:29 (169414)

How long till you considered your TTS surgery a success? I noticed in a few of your postings you mentioned you still had trouble while on your feet and you thought you were progressing.

In your post below you now feel as if you have reached success stage.

I had TTs surgery on 12/28/04 and just began therapy 2 weeks ago.

I have TTS in both feet and in the past my feet always hurt at the same time or were fine at the same time.

Since surgery, perhaps 1 - 2 times out of 10, my left foot which I had surgery on feels fine while my right foot will be burning. the other times the still both hurt at the same time.

Was your recovery up and down? Can you describe how long till you started noticing enough change that you begin to really think it was a success?

Thanks
Buck

Re: quick question

denise g on 2/21/05 at 07:00 (169539)

Buck,
My recovery was very up and down, initially after surgery say the first few weeks I felt wonderful and thought the surgery was a success. Then the scar tissue started to form , apparantly I am a person who forms a lot of scar tissue and I was in just about the same level of pain as pre-surgery, I was devestated, this was about a month after surgery. With lots of physical therapy breaking up the scar tissue I would say by around christmas i felt pretty good which would be almost 3 months. Now I feel wonderful all the time in the surgical foot. Lots of luck to you.
Denise