Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Steroids

Posted by oompa on 2/25/05 at 13:21 (169883)

I have had foot pain since I was about 14 I am now 26, it has become part fo my life, the first treatment I had was when I was 14 which was a corti steroid injection, followed by inserts and anti inflammatories. After a few years the corti steroid wore off and I was back in pain. I then tried Electro Shockwave therapy, which was not painful and did nothing except empty my wallet, I then tried Radio Therapy ( the same as cancer patients get ) and that also emptied my wallet, My pain is worse when I am putting pressure on the sole of my foot, after a while it gets to feel like a burning sensation, it is bareable if walking as the pressure is not constant but if I am standing still it is very painful, on a scale of 10 I would rate it a 15.

I have read how people use Anabolic steroids to build muscle, therefore I would like to know if this has been used as a treatment before to toughen the plantar fasciitis,

thanks in advance

Re: Steroids

oompa on 2/25/05 at 13:26 (169884)

I should of added, that it feels like there is no cushioning in my heel, like I am standing on bone, I have thought about a nerve block but this was also done with corti steroids and had no effect on me, and I have been told by a doctor that if the nerve is surgically removed it will eventually grow back, hence the idea of anabolic steroids

Re: Steroids

Fed Up Also on 2/26/05 at 09:16 (169942)

MUST HAVE GOTTEN THE DOCTOR WHO NEEDED A NEW BOAT....... :-(