Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sandals for high arches

Posted by Desiree K on 2/26/05 at 18:49 (169981)

I'm desperately looking for sandals to help with my high arches. I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis caused by unusually high arches. My podiatrist has given me custom orthotics and recommended sandals by Mephisto, Think! or Clarks. I went with a pair of Mephisto Myrtas (partly because Mephistos are so highly recommended and partly because you can remove the footbed for your orthotics) and, though I didn't expect a miracle, I did expect more comfort. Just wearing them around the house, I've been experiencing pain.

I'm looking for sandals for an upcoming vacation and I don't want to be barefoot or wear tennis shoes on the beach. If anyone has tried any of the high arch birks, or other sandals and have really liked them, please let me know.

Thanks!
Desiree

Re: sandals for high arches

CherylS on 2/27/05 at 14:34 (170053)

I have very high arches and I think I developed PF after wearing Mephisto sandals all last summer. I bought a pair of Ecco Era sandals to wear around the house and they are really comfortable. Ecco has lots of styles.