Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

had my first shcokwave session today....

Posted by david on 2/27/05 at 05:46 (170010)

Had my first session early this afternoon. No local...took it straight. Foot felt decent when I left the office. Took a nap now it is a bit tender. Hope to be on the road to recovery.

Dave

Re: had my first shcokwave session today....

Dr. Z on 2/27/05 at 18:37 (170075)

Is this a one session protocol. or three session low energy ?

david on 2/28/05 at 18:18 (170176)

I don't think it was a low energy session. We planned on a few treatments but the numeric value of the pulses was quite high if I remember correctly.

First work day of the week and my foot is killing me.

Dave

Dr. Z on 2/28/05 at 18:43 (170178)

Dave,
Usually it is low energy when this is no anesthesia and there is a plan for more then one treatment session.
Try taping your foot with flexible coban or using an elastic ankle support. Are you using heat or ice? Try to find out if you are getting two more treatments spaced one week apart. That is a low energy treatment protocol

david on 2/28/05 at 19:44 (170182)

Ice generally...2000 hits were a number I recall from the session. Doc told me it would hurt without a local. Feltlike someone was taking a reflex hammer to the injured area and hitting it pretty hard over and over.

I am just getting frustrated that there is no light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Thanks for the support Dr Z...

Dave