Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Would wearing a boot help my chronic pf?

Posted by Jane on 2/28/05 at 13:07 (170149)

I have had pf for 3 years. Have seen Podiatrist many times. I have tried stretching for months and months.. Julies stretches for many months, cortisone shots, ortho inserts, taping, Strassburg sock and Physical Therapy and nothing seems to help. A friend of mine on advice of her Pod, wore a boot during the day ( not at night) for 6 weeks. Her foot was better. I can use her boot but it is heavy and cumbersome. I wonder if it would be worth it to wear? I am considering going to my Pod next month and seeing if my insurance will cover ESWT. But in the meantime, would wearing a boot help??

Re: Would wearing a boot help my chronic pf?

Terri on 2/28/05 at 16:20 (170164)

What kind of boot, an air fracture kind with the velcro straps?

Jane on 3/01/05 at 15:18 (170221)

It is a boot commonly used for fractures of the ankle.. It goes up to the knee. It is very heavy as well. It has velcro straps. I guess there is some kind of air thing you can blow up.

Terri on 3/02/05 at 15:51 (170304)

I wore one of those after shockwave on my left foot for a month because my foot was so sore from the shockwave. I'm not sure how it would help plantar fasciitis in itself. I've heard of people wearing a lower leg walking cast. The only thing I did not like about the air cast was my right foot began to get symptoms of PF. I guess because the right foot had more stress on it.

lisa h on 3/02/05 at 18:02 (170321)

I wore the boot before my surgery and had no relief.I had the surgery now and im still in pain but elsewhere.Im giving up on a painfree life!im feed up with this!!