Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sleepers with good support for usage at home

Posted by Sid on 2/28/05 at 20:39 (170184)

I need recommendation for sleepers for mens to use at home that provide good support. My wife bought birkenstock for herself and she really likes it. I guess my foot has a bit uncommon proportion arch length. Length of my foot-arch is a bit long and toes are shorter so the 8.5 birkenstock sandal works for me for overall length but the arch-support does not come under the arch properly. If I use size 10 sandal then the arch-support comes under the arch but the toe-bridge does not come under the right area. What are my options?

Re: Sleepers with good support for usage at home

Suzanne D. on 3/01/05 at 15:19 (170222)

Sid, I think I know what you mean. In my Arizona sandals, I keep sliding my foot forward so that the arch will be in the correct place. This makes my toes begin to hang off the end of the sandal. But a size larger doesn't really help, either.

All I can say is that there are many types of Birkenstocks, and they seem to vary greatly in how they fit. I have found other Birks that fit my foot much better than the Arizonas. If you could go to a Birkenstock store where you might try on several options, perhaps you could find a pair that would give you support and work as slippers for around the house.

Good luck!
Suzanne :)

Re: Sleepers with good support for usage at home

Buck T. on 3/01/05 at 19:16 (170239)

Hi Sid: The arches in the Birkenstock sandals don't give me support either. I have pf and after reading posts here, thought they were a sure thing.

Sincerely, Buck T.