Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Martha's Being Released

Posted by Elyse B on 3/02/05 at 11:42 (170274)

So do you think Martha has been 'rehabilitated'?

Re: Martha's Being Released

vince on 3/02/05 at 12:38 (170277)

No she hasn't- she is still the same viscous, greedy, mean, dishonest, fat,ugly,lying, loathsome, 'Betty Crocker from Hell'. And in addition she is now an ex-con. I wonder who's b**ch she was in while she was in the slammer. My wife knows better than to bring a single item of hers into MY house. If she did she knows that both her and the Martha Stewart garbage would wind up in the trash.

Elyse B on 3/02/05 at 12:44 (170280)

hmm, not sure about that Vince. I think she is arrogant that is why she went to jail. She could have cut a deal but she would not do that. But remember she is the only one that went to jail, i.e., Bernie Ebbers at World Com and Ken Lay at Enron. I think she will be more popular than ever.

Susan on 3/02/05 at 12:45 (170281)

I hope she kicks you-know-what. I never liked her before, but un-told numbers of executive males are like her and did what she did and worse, and the powers that be don't even look twice at them.

Richard, C.Ped on 3/02/05 at 13:40 (170285)

I just wish I had bought that darn stock in her company when it went down so low. It has quadrupled!!! grrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Susan on 3/02/05 at 13:43 (170286)

What's the stock ticker for it?

Elyse B on 3/02/05 at 13:47 (170287)

MSO are the initials. Richard when the stock went public it was about $44 a share. Now if you bought when she was in jail .... you might have made some money but it is trading about $35 so no one really made any money on this except the KMart because their company was taken over and bought for billions. Martha made a ton of money while sitting in jail because she is the largest shareholder in her company and it might have doubled because the K-mart deal.

Dorothy on 3/02/05 at 14:27 (170293)

You are neglecting to mention the really nefarious deals that the CEO of K-Mart (not ?Adanusi? I forget HIS name - the other guy they brought in - a very young, mgmt 'star' type who promptly led them into bankruptcy while simultaneously cleaning out the safe) brought upon KMart. He made out like a bandit.....hmmmmm, interesting phrase. Martha Stewart gets far too much opprobrium in excess of her sin. She was a scapegoat due to her haughtiness and due to the fact that she was deemed hateable - and, therefore, made a sacrifice for all the major-league CEOs who are A-class scammers. I don't think MS is a saint and I do not worship at her alter, but her 'products' don't hurt anyone and bring pleasure to many. Martha Stewart's real sin in the public eye? She had achievment standards and ambition and haughtiness. Her sin in my opinion? Great, grasping greed.
But she is one of many with that.
I do not understand the hatred for Martha Stewart and the love for Michael Jackson. But there are many things I do not understand.

Buck T. on 3/02/05 at 15:00 (170298)

Wow Vince: Feet must really hurt today.

Sincerely, Buck T.

Kathy G on 3/02/05 at 16:31 (170309)

I'm not crazy about Martha Stewart. Her voice and her mannerisms just annoy me but I have nothing against her. I still don't understand why the guy who gave her the tip didn't go to jail. Or maybe he did? I didn't follow it very closely. It just seems like he should be the one in trouble. I mean, if I were at a party and someone told me to either buy or dump a stock, why should I be the one who gets in trouble? I'd only be stupid not to do whatever they told me to do. And no one can ever accuse Martha Stewart of being anything except brilliant.

I think so many people feel sorry for her that her popularity will reach an all time high.

Susan on 3/02/05 at 17:45 (170320)

I think she got in trouble for lying about what happened, rather than for the stock tip itself. Kind of like Clinton.

If she's still going to have that tv show, a lot of people will watch just out of curiosity, plus like you say lots of people just feel sorry for her and want to root for her even if they never did before.

John H on 3/03/05 at 10:12 (170350)

I neither hate or love Martha. She is just there. She along with untold numbers in high places use their inside knowledge to gain an advantage in the market. I am for busting them whoever they are. Spitzer is doing a lot (running for Governor next time out) to get after some of these people but I doubt we will ever be able to do away with insider information and its abuse.

Michael Jackson is just plain strange to say the least. He is beyond my understanding. Great entertainer but after that it all gets weird. Hope a jury can search out some truth.

John H on 3/03/05 at 10:27 (170353)

I bought Exxon Mobile 5 months ago and it has proceeded to become the largest cap company in the world passing GE and I think is nearly double in price. For the past 6 months energy sector has been the place to be. Am I smart or what? Eat your heart out Martha and Sir Bill Gates.

John H on 3/03/05 at 10:28 (170354)

DIVA

Buck T. on 3/03/05 at 17:12 (170380)

Hi John H: In 1963 someone traded me some exxon stock for an old rent house and land. At time gasoline selling for maybe 28 cents a gallon. I thought I'd made a mistake, but it turned out to be the best deal ever. Sometimes it also helps to be just dumb.

Sincerely, Buck T.

JudyS on 3/04/05 at 02:20 (170403)

Yes John dear, you ARE smart or what!

Julie on 3/04/05 at 03:20 (170408)

And so is Buck.

Kathy G on 3/04/05 at 10:19 (170418)

I may have mentioned this but back in the old days, when I was a teenager, my boss's brother-in-law worked in some capacity for the federal government. He was always calling and giving my boss tips on good stock to buy. I don't know if there was such thing as inside trading in those days and maybe it was illegal but all I know is that my boss always lost money on his brother-in-law's tips. It got to the point that he just thanked him for the info and did nothing! That kind of financial advice he didn't need!

John and Buck, you are smart. I'm impressed!

John H on 3/04/05 at 11:13 (170427)

Buck I sure wish I had bought some of the Coca Cola stock in the early 50's. I unloaded my Exxon Mobile last week and am afraid to see if it is still on the way up. All you Martha Stewart fans would be zillionaires if you had bought her stock just before she went to jail. I think it has doubled but it will come back to earth as there is not enough profits to support its current price. Martha became a billionaire when she was released on the increase in her stock value. I have not looked lately but do not think her company(s) are making any money or paying any dividends. Go Martha Go.

Susan on 3/04/05 at 15:01 (170453)

Do people ever get arrested for insider trading when they lose money on it, or just when they make money on it?

Vince's nemesis on 3/06/05 at 22:25 (170593)

god, I hope your wife leaves your scumbag ass for even saying the words 'my house'....

If you were my husband and I heard you say that, i'd kicking your ass out the door...