Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ladies - did you see "The Notebook"? Vince - don't even bother to read!

Posted by Kathy G on 3/02/05 at 20:23 (170330)

As you may have gathered, I'm not much for 'touching lovestories,' and I know I started this book and put it down because I thought it was stupid.

When my daughter and best friend told me that I was the only female they had ever met who didn't just love it, I decided to rent the movie. I don't know how it would be if you watched it in once sitting because I've been watching it in bits and pieces on nights my husband wasn't home because it's definitely a chick flick. Oh, but such a touching chick flick! If you haven't seen it, I recommend it but unless the man in your life has great appreciation of James Garner's acting abilities or camera work, he'll hate it, so pick a time when he's out doing manly things.

I must confess; the end made me cry but in a good way. Lovely photography and excellent acting by Garner and Gina Rowlands. As for the younger guy, despite the fact that he's the same age as my daughter, he's hot! I give it four stars for pure escapism and romance!

Re: Ladies - did you see "The Notebook"? Vince - don't even bother to read!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/02/05 at 22:15 (170335)

Sounds like a good movie! I haven't seen it (yet).

Carole C

Tina H on 3/03/05 at 07:47 (170340)

At my 14 year old daughter's urging, I rented this and intend to watch it tonight hopefully. Her thoughts 'Mom, this is a really great movie, the kind I know you would love.' So now I really will have to watch it.

Lori S on 3/05/05 at 00:33 (170485)

Yes....... and it was great........