Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

LASER FOR HEALING OF PLANTERS FACIATIS

Posted by M Taylor on 3/04/05 at 19:16 (170474)

I saw a t.v. show showing laser treatments that broke up heal planters faciatis.

My heel is hurting so terribly that I limp around on my right foot like a cripple.

I don't want to undergo surgery. I had a bunion removed from my right foot about five years ago, followed all the doctor's orders for six weeks, stayed off it, kept it up, and then did a lot of daily exercises for weeks.

Well, the darned thing came back and my foot widened:) Yep, _hit happens. The good thing is that I don't have bunion pain. The bad thing is that I still have to wear wide shoes.

My heels are narrow. When I was younger my feet cramped like mad--the toes actually curling under. I think this was due to wearing really pretty high heels. Then I would find that my heels really hurt.

At 59, the heel pain is just awful!!!

I'm not overweight and exercise and swim and try to walk--but some days I'm not able to walk too far. I wear good Nike tennis shoes (leather) and socks.

I have a very high arch or hollow arch. I remember as a kid wearing orthonics. When I married I threw them out for the case of beauty. Silly.

I do remember the person who fit the orthonics said as an older person my feet would be crippling: eeeeeegads!!!

I really appreciate your response.

Good bye,

MT

Re: LASER FOR HEALING OF PLANTERS FACIATIS

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/04/05 at 19:50 (170478)

The procedure you are referring to is ESWT, not laser surgery. There is great information on this site comparing all treatment options for heel pain in Scott's 'heel pain book'.

david on 3/05/05 at 05:15 (170488)

Dr..I had eswt last week but before that I had laser treatment on my pf. The doctor told me it was like accupuncture with a laser. It seemed rather interesting.

Dave

Dr. David S. Wander on 3/05/05 at 07:32 (170494)

He may have used a 'cold' laser which is controversial regarding fasciitis.

Terri on 3/07/05 at 10:47 (170602)

When you say it is controversial do you mean a waste of money or it could do some harm?

B.Bellingham on 3/07/05 at 19:06 (170656)

Is there a database that contains locations where this treatment may be available? I am in a lot of pain. I've had a cortizone shot and I am now trying accupunture. Hope that works. I am a runner and that is the reason I hurt so much. I didn't take care of it when it first started. My entire foot gets numbed and hurts badly after a few miles.
Thank you,
B.Bellingham

Terri on 3/08/05 at 08:43 (170676)

I used to have that problem when I went walking for exercise, the numbing and hurting badly. I had so much trouble they did an MRI because I am in chronic pain and I rarely leave my house now. If I could turn back the clock I would have taken up swimming for exercise.

B.Bellingham on 3/10/05 at 20:40 (170916)

Hope that is not the case with me. I can't imagine my life without running. I am taking off and following the doctor's instructions.
What other treatments have you tried?
B.Bellingham