Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by jenr on 3/07/05 at 07:11 (170596)

Has anyone tried Cryosurgery for Plantar Fasciitis? I've read some literature but would like to hear from anyone considering it...or has had it done already.

Re: cryosurgery

Dr. Wishnie on 3/08/05 at 12:01 (170693)

I am only the second podiatrist in NJ and only one of 20 podiatrists in the US that has performed this. I have been getting good results. Unfortunately, there really is not any good medical studies on this. You can go on my website at: stopfootpainfast.com and learn about the procedue. In addition, you can contact me and I will be glad to speak to you. You can e-mail me yor number and I can call you if you so desire.

M.Beckham on 4/06/05 at 12:07 (172707)

Dr. Whisnie, I'm a Staten Islander and would like to chat with you about this procedure but I don't see your web address. Could you provide it?

Dr. Wishnie on 4/06/05 at 20:23 (172730)

Mr. Beckham:

My pleasure: (email removed).

looking forward to hearing from you. Dr. Wishnie

Ralph on 4/06/05 at 22:30 (172737)

Dr. Wishnie,
The name cryosurgery seems so general and is used when describing many different procedures from spraying warts on the skins surface to making an incision and freezing sensory nerves for P.F. Since the techniques used are completely different why didn't they select a different name for the more complex procedure where surgery is involved.

When a patient looks at a doctors website and they say they offer cryosurgery no one can really tell what is being offered whether the doctor is speaking about freezing warts or actually able to do the more complex sensory nerve treatment.

Personally if one must become certified in this procedure I think some consideration should be give to changing it's name to reflect the difference. Just my opinion, but maybe freezing is just considered freezing with little regard given to the actual procedure being done, but it doesn't seem that it should be that way at least to me.